27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does a lot of really good attacking movements, and with time, we will learn to use these. His vision is great as well, and so are his runs with the ball, 1v1s, the turns. He is also fast and hardworking off the ball. These are his strengths. Right now, he lacks the chemistry with his teammates and loses the ball too easily, but these are relatively easy things to fix. Overall, for me it was a decent performance today. He obviously lacks any sort of rhythm, but he will only get better.
Spot on...

Paqueta clearly was the man wanted and if he is cleared I still think he will be signed this coming window, but Nunes is a quality player with huge potential.

A certain Kalvin Phillips is given 18 months of excuses , yet Nunes is crap after a couple of weeks.

Nunes has pace, scoring ability, creative and box to box, he just need discipline and the attitude taking out of him and Pep will do just that.
The underlying bias (or maybe even worse) of some of our fans is disappointing, but we're not immune. Just like in every other club's fanbase it's always going to be a microcosm of the population in general...

agree, i watched the whole game and didnt really see anything like that.

I think he'll be a good asset to the team once he settles.
I noticed when he came off that pep was in a very animated conversation about his game and he seemed to be hanging on to every word. Clearly a lot to learn for this player as the step up is huge. He's should promise for me so far

He's not had much game time, so has tried hard to make an impact, perhaps being a little greedy and getting exasperated when things didn't go well, he also surrendered possession easily at times, trying too much?

You could see Nunes was not happy when he came off, but Pep was trying to encourage him and boost his self esteem. He did some positive things, he has a turn of pace and can dribble at speed, but he must learn the way our team operates, teamwork above the individual, not giving away easy possession, covering back and regaining possession if you lose it.

Hopefully he can get some more game time in the less critical matches, like Young boys at home and Bournemouth, but I would be nervous about him starting against the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.