27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent performance. I have always questioned his best role in a team. His touch, technique and speed are clearly big assets but he has never managed to transfer that into consistent performances. Deeper he is probably wasted as he is creative, but further forwards the final ball or shot is often lacking.

That's not going to suddenly change though and will take time on the pitch, gelling with others before we can truly judge. So far he has been pretty good though. On the turn and driving forwards he is a lovely player to watch.

Thought he was good tonight.
TBF he has hardly had any game time and it will be difficult to get that time too

His pace is really good. Would love to see him a bit deeper next to Rodri and do some deep runs into the box like Gundo. Perhaps this weekend?

Everything is there physically.

He can run, either glides with the ball or is simply just fast and has an engine.

He uses his body well for his dribbling and ball control.

He just needs to fine tune a couple of things like passing and understanding where he should be, Both of which will surely improve with time.

Wouldnt be surprised next year to see him next to Rodri in midfield.
He looks fantastic, just that final ball...

He's a bit narky and I'm not sure about his attitude at times but I'm pleased for him that he had his best game for us so far. That lung bursting run was thrilling and his link play was very decent. Good to see.

Fantasic game. You can tell he is has all the attributes to thrive under Pep. Seems unpolished gem at 25. The Wolves move and instability of playing under two manger in so many positions is good but could reach so much higher levels.

I can really see him playing at right back inverting into midfield doing the Yayaesque runs. More game time and he will continue to shine. Shocking he is has already been written off by some fans.

Said from the start he has all the attributes you could want. Just no idea how peps going to utilise him. Going to take a while to get it, hes not ready made by any stretch but hopefully he's just shown enough for people to not write him off after spending about as much time on the etihad pitch in a city shirt as I have.
It takes year for players to adapt its harder in midfield. Rodri struggled so seeing flashes of what he bring is exciting but given time he will become that player Pep was raving about before he signed.

We need his athleticism and energy in midfield so many games on season. Hopefully get to see him on pitch this weekend to get that momentum going he has prior to injury.

His best performance in a City shirt, wasn’t the player I wanted us to sign but he is better player than Phillips and Kovacic and has potential which seems odd saying about a 25 year old. Hope he stays injury free, continues to improve and proves the doubters wrong. He’s not going to be gone in January and may have a big part to play this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.