27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought similar myself. In that advanced wing back role Walker has played a few times this year he could be really dangerous. He has a very similar style / gate to Cancelo but seems more powerful. Just question marks on him defensively and how that would work out.
Almost exactly what I thought. Who knows, perhaps Pep tries out some sort of a 352 this season, he could be amazing as rightmost of that 5 !

Would be interesting to see him in our strongest midfield alongside KDB & Rodri , he showed his potential with Kovacic & Phillips against Red Star easily our best midfield player on the night. He plays with an attitude similar to Cancelo , if he has a couple of seasons as good as Cancelo he will be an asset but hope it doesnt end up the same way

Would be interesting to see him in our strongest midfield alongside KDB & Rodri , he showed his potential with Kovacic & Phillips against Red Star easily our best midfield player on the night. He plays with an attitude similar to Cancelo , if he has a couple of seasons as good as Cancelo he will be an asset but hope it doesnt end up the same way
Totally agree. I really want to see him playing in a top 11, with all the heavy hitters on the pitch...

Still don't get why we bought him.
I just don't get why City players seem to rate rate his passing ability.
So far he has done nothing for me - a bit on the slow side so far and the best part of zero defence spliting passes.
He was OK on Wednesday, but really, he has to do a lot better than that.
Not giving up on him totally yet though.

Still don't get why we bought him.
I just don't get why City players seem to rate rate his passing ability.
So far he has done nothing for me - a bit on the slow side so far and the best part of zero defence spliting passes.
He was OK on Wednesday, but really, he has to do a lot better than that.
Not giving up on him totally yet though.
"Still don't get why we bought him."

The loss of Mahrez, Gundo, the ageing of KDB, the overplaying of Rodri , the failure of Phillips, the possible departure of Bernardo and the breakdown of the Paqueta signing, that's why!

Really liked his performance last night and remember him playing well v Forest earlier in the season. I think there is a decent play in there. Hope he gets some chances over the next few weeks.
Because that seems to be his real level, not higher. These are about the two weakest teams we've met...

"Still don't get why we bought him."

The loss of Mahrez, Gundo, the ageing of KDB, the overplaying of Rodri , the failure of Phillips, the possible departure of Bernardo and the breakdown of the Paqueta signing, that's why!
That's like saying we got rid of a BMW 4 series and a Porsche 718 but are delighted with our Mondeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.