27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

He must see something in training day to day that we don't. He looks like he has the ability and has put in some fleetingly good moments with the minutes he's had but the gets abandoned for several matches at a time.

Maybe he doesn't follow Peps instructions well enough, who knows.
Yeah well in that case he needs to solve the midfield problem.

Just seen the replay of the goal and he gives it to the Wolves fan who were booing him, brilliant.

GaWhOaKXoAAfGYl

Questioned the point in bringing him on for 5 minutes, especially when we knew he'd get pelted by the wolves fans, should have been sooner or not at all in my view but he showed enough in that tiny cameo to tell me he should be involved much more.

A sensational tackle to stop what looked like being a brilliant opportunity for them to nick it, nobody else in our midfield gets to that, then he's straight up the other end and the first on to Haalands ball and forced the keeper to actually do something.

Brings something different that we sorely lack and needs more involvement.

We've got a run of games now where he could really make an impact and become a bigger player, Prague at home in the champions league, Southampton at home who are the worst team in the league and then the league cup game we don't want to be in, he should start all 3 imo, give him a run and see what he offers.

Questioned the point in bringing him on for 5 minutes, especially when we knew he'd get pelted by the wolves fans, should have been sooner or not at all in my view but he showed enough in that tiny cameo to tell me he should be involved much more.

A sensational tackle to stop what looked like being a brilliant opportunity for them to nick it, nobody else in our midfield gets to that, then he's straight up the other end and the first on to Haalands ball and forced the keeper to actually do something.

Brings something different that we sorely lack and needs more involvement.

We've got a run of games now where he could really make an impact and become a bigger player, Prague at home in the champions league, Southampton at home who are the worst team in the league and then the league cup game we don't want to be in, he should start all 3 imo, give him a run and see what he offers.
He's not good enough to start fine, but you can't tell me he can't have more of a role off the bench.

He's an odd one. Saw a bunch of clips of him when we signed him which made him look like Rodri, tackles, covering, mobility, awareness.

Then he turns up and didn't seem to have that, nor the strength to play in that role. He looked more of an attacking player to me.

But there is a player in there for sure. Maybe it's the classic second season Pep power, never write off a player after one season? To me, he has until January to show he can lead us in our play in a way we lack currently, and although five minutes yesterday it has circled me back to the start - does he have some of the skillset after all?

I do think the return of Kev will put pay to any comeback from Nunes, but if he steps up I'd be delighted of course.

He's an odd one. Saw a bunch of clips of him when we signed him which made him look like Rodri, tackles, covering, mobility, awareness.

Then he turns up and didn't seem to have that, nor the strength to play in that role. He looked more of an attacking player to me.

But there is a player in there for sure. Maybe it's the classic second season Pep power, never write off a player after one season? To me, he has until January to show he can lead us in our play in a way we lack currently, and although five minutes yesterday it has circled me back to the start - does he have some of the skillset after all?

I do think the return of Kev will put pay to any comeback from Nunes, but if he steps up I'd be delighted of course.
I don’t see the ability some seem to think he has but he can run and is mobile. That’s something kova and gundo aren’t. He needs to be given a proper chance maybe not cameos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.