27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

He's an odd one. Saw a bunch of clips of him when we signed him which made him look like Rodri, tackles, covering, mobility, awareness.

Then he turns up and didn't seem to have that, nor the strength to play in that role. He looked more of an attacking player to me.

But there is a player in there for sure. Maybe it's the classic second season Pep power, never write off a player after one season? To me, he has until January to show he can lead us in our play in a way we lack currently, and although five minutes yesterday it has circled me back to the start - does he have some of the skillset after all?

I do think the return of Kev will put pay to any comeback from Nunes, but if he steps up I'd be delighted of course.
that tackle yesterday would have done Rodri proud. Reminded me a bit of Rodri's miracle block on Fabinho at Anfield in the dying seconds a couple of years ago. I dont know if he has the overall spatial awareness to play CDM but his pace would be a huge virtue against rapid counterattacks with which we are really struggling currently.

Fantastic challenge that, then back up the pitch to get the corner...
I questioned his confidence a lot, but f**k me, he really was up for it yesterday and also didn't crumble under the cuntish wolves fans. Great to see him celebrate and giving it back to them bastards.

Keep that aggressive style please, Matheus!

He's an odd one. Saw a bunch of clips of him when we signed him which made him look like Rodri, tackles, covering, mobility, awareness.

Then he turns up and didn't seem to have that, nor the strength to play in that role. He looked more of an attacking player to me.

But there is a player in there for sure. Maybe it's the classic second season Pep power, never write off a player after one season? To me, he has until January to show he can lead us in our play in a way we lack currently, and although five minutes yesterday it has circled me back to the start - does he have some of the skillset after all?

I do think the return of Kev will put pay to any comeback from Nunes, but if he steps up I'd be delighted of course.
We def didn't buy him to be playing in the positions he's played at City or where he played at Wolves. Maybe we have predominantly scouted him from his time at Wolves, but that would be poor from us if true. At Sporting he played double pivot with him being the more attacking of the duo, that's where he does his best work. At City he's either played 8, some kind of hybrid 10 in cup games or on the wing, those are the kind of positions he was in for Wolves because he was one of the best for them on the ball. For us i think we have others that are better than him at that, he has a good technical skillset and running power, we should use that alongside someone but he needs to be more reserved here. We really have needed big performances from him in the cup games for him to push for a start, but partly due to him coming in cold or just not suiting the role, it's not worked out.

I also loved the fire in him yesterday and his celebration on the winning goal. Could be the perfect time to play him from the start in the next couple of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.