27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Questioned the point in bringing him on for 5 minutes, especially when we knew he'd get pelted by the wolves fans, should have been sooner or not at all in my view but he showed enough in that tiny cameo to tell me he should be involved much more.

A sensational tackle to stop what looked like being a brilliant opportunity for them to nick it, nobody else in our midfield gets to that, then he's straight up the other end and the first on to Haalands ball and forced the keeper to actually do something.

Brings something different that we sorely lack and needs more involvement.

We've got a run of games now where he could really make an impact and become a bigger player, Prague at home in the champions league, Southampton at home who are the worst team in the league and then the league cup game we don't want to be in, he should start all 3 imo, give him a run and see what he offers.
I said it was either going to stir the Wolves fans into a frenzy and they score a winner or he’ll score a winner.

As it turned out he won the ball in our half that started the attack that he won the corner before the corner we scored the winner from.

Pep has made up his mind about him ages ago.why we bought him god only knows. In fairness he couldn't be any worse than some of them at the moment.

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to tell the forum which , if any, City player you like, nevermind think is any good ?

Every fucking time , on repeat, some fucking support !

The reality is Nunes indirectly won us the game. No other midfielder that is available to us would have had the pace to get back and win the tackle that lead to us getting up the pitch and winning corner after corner, before eventually scoring. He does deserve to start the next two v Prague and Southampton. He has done more this season than Gundogan despite barely playing.

The reality is Nunes indirectly won us the game. No other midfielder that is available to us would have had the pace to get back and win the tackle that lead to us getting up the pitch and winning corner after corner, before eventually scoring. He does deserve to start the next two v Prague and Southampton. He has done more this season than Gundogan despite barely playing.

Boooo - nobody wants to hear that ! :)

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to tell the forum which , if any, City player you like, nevermind think is any good ?

Every fucking time , on repeat, some fucking support !
Pep mustn't like him or rate him either judging by the playing time he gives him. This is how I'd line me them up

Ederson

Ake Akanji stones gvardiol

Savinho Bernardo DeBruyne foden

Gundogan

Haaland

Last edited:
Questioned the point in bringing him on for 5 minutes, especially when we knew he'd get pelted by the wolves fans, should have been sooner or not at all in my view but he showed enough in that tiny cameo to tell me he should be involved much more.

A sensational tackle to stop what looked like being a brilliant opportunity for them to nick it, nobody else in our midfield gets to that, then he's straight up the other end and the first on to Haalands ball and forced the keeper to actually do something.

Brings something different that we sorely lack and needs more involvement.

We've got a run of games now where he could really make an impact and become a bigger player, Prague at home in the champions league, Southampton at home who are the worst team in the league and then the league cup game we don't want to be in, he should start all 3 imo, give him a run and see what he offers.
Not sure what sort of a future the lad has with us but if we go on to record the Famous Five he will deserve his medal for that intervention yesterday alone. I agree he deserves some kind of run but that is not easily obtained when dealing with Pep.

Not sure what sort of a future the lad has with us but if we go on to record the Famous Five he will deserve his medal for that intervention yesterday alone. I agree he deserves some kind of run but that is not easily obtained when dealing with Pep.
I missed the game. Is there any clips of this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.