27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Glad for him tonight. I thought he vanished for about 25 mins in the game but overall he was excellent

Pep must play him on Saturday now & give him his chance

I wouldnt even mind if this means Grealish plays more in the middle instead.

As long as he plays, and Grealish can too, I think they offer good physicality and control.

Pep’s face when he scored his penalty was the look of a man that might have been won over. Deserves to start v Southampton and it would be a blunder by Pep to not do so. When you have a guy visibly growing in confidence, I think he has a responsibility to not completely kill that when there’s no reason to. Gundo or Kovacic as the 6, Nunes box to box, Foden as a 10. KDB hopefully on the bench to come on after 70 mins or so.

He'll start on the left again, Grealish and Doku are unavailable.

I like how determined he i
1 goal (great pen) and 2 assists with 61/64 completed passes. Won 8/12 duels. Adds so much speed which is nice. Great performance.
I like how determined he is.
Pep looks like he is testing him, as he has done with others before (e g. Foden), on the flank.
But, he has much more to offer as he can accelerate over 5-10 yards in an instant.
A great acquisition to the squad.
Unfortunately, with Rodri's absent, think Gundo & Kova will get many more games & minutes than Nunes.
Think Nunes should start against both Saints & Spurs in the League Cup...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.