27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Panic buy, still not good enough sadly and I fear he never will be.

Not Philips levels but it's alarming how Kovacic has kicked on since not exactly setting the world alight when he first joined us, and Nunes hasn't progressed at all.
We've been tracking him since his sporting days, nothing about it was a panic buy. Fair to say he wasnt part of the plan last summer but when Wolves had to sell to meet PSR, we saw an opportunity, had an opening in the squad for him and pushed the button on somebody we had been tracking for years, there's no panic in that.

Kovacic had a pre-season and a chance to learn what pep wants, Nunes didn't, that makes a world of difference for a new player in this team.

Interesting to see how Pep tries to lift the lad's confidence, hugging him on the pitch post CS match and highlighting his strengths.

Nunes seems typical Brazilian to me, always smiling and needs a ton of love and backing to believe in himself and deliver.

I think Nunes is given the season to show if he can make the step
but Pep's patience is not endless, as we know.

If only he would just bang it in like his penalty. He has it all, he just has to be more brave and aggressive. But that's in your personality - or not. Maybe he can add some percentages, that could be helpful.

All the lad needs is a good pre season.

Didn't have 1 with us last summer, hasn't had 1 this summer, next summer is going to be tricky with the Club World Cup and 2026 he might get called up for Portugal but get it in the diaries the 2027/28 season will be his.

Interesting to see how Pep tries to lift the lad's confidence, hugging him on the pitch post CS match and highlighting his strengths.

Nunes seems typical Brazilian to me, always smiling and needs a ton of love and backing to believe in himself and deliver.

I think Nunes is given the season to show if he can make the step
but Pep's patience is not endless, as we know.

If only he would just bang it in like his penalty. He has it all, he just has to be more brave and aggressive. But that's in your personality - or not. Maybe he can add some percentages, that could be helpful.
Do we have more than one?

If I was Txiki I'd try offering him plus 50-60m to Newcastle for Bruno and see if they might go for it. I think he fits their transition based style of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.