27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Will be lucky to even make the bench against chelsea next week which says it all

Penalty was good but the rest of his play was poor, too easily pushed off the ball even if he does have pace. Savio looked better in his first game.

He’ll play his part this season. He’s a squad player, you can’t have a team of superstars. Despite the media pushing the narrative that we have 2 world class players in every position, we don’t. We have 15 or 16 first team players and supplement these with squad players to pad out the team against bottom 6 teams, FA Cup early rounds, Carabao Cup and even Champions league games in the past when we have already qualified.
Nunes falls into the squad player category hence my opinion that he will play his part. That penalty didn’t surprise the player, but did surprise Pep and lots of us supporters. That could be the springboard he needed to take him up another level. Time will tell.

He certainly has some ability but there seems to be something lacking too.

He's too soft for a start. I'd like to see him toughen up a bit, especially playing for us where teams seem to be free to kick us off the park. For someone who is known for being able to carry the ball, he's also knocked off it quite easily. He should learn from Grealish in how he never really loses the ball or can draw a foul if he might.

The jury is still out on him but hopefully he kicks on and shows he belongs here, which I don't think he really has yet. I remember being impressed with him at wolves, how he can drive through a midfield quite easily.

He has it in him, let's see it.

Flashes of a player in there but seems lightweight physically and mentally.

He's not 'gripped' a game for us as he did for Wolves.

He's got to step right up this season or he'll be a make weight in a deal next summer.

Panic buy, still not good enough sadly and I fear he never will be.

Not Philips levels but it's alarming how Kovacic has kicked on since not exactly setting the world alight when he first joined us, and Nunes hasn't progressed at all.

Looks like the Portuguese Phillips.

Good pen yesterday.

Seems to not believe he is good enough to claim a regular spot.

I don’t know what it is but something is not right. All those young players got a game before him is a clear message from pep. He came back late I hear ya but he didn’t play much last year nor the euros.

Dosent have the right minerals to do the job for us.

2 for 2 last summer in trying to recruit midfielders. No wonder we are reluctant this time around.

Unless 1 or both nunes and kalvin leave we won’t buy.

I'm still not really sure what his role is in the side. He carries the ball well but is easily brushed off it. He still doesn't have the best touch or final ball either. The skill set is there if he can be moulded but I don't know if he will ever get there.

Will see how he goes this season, hopefully something clicks. I think in the CL he would make more of an impact because he would probably get free kicks for the little nudges, that don't get given domestically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.