27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

I think he is a talented player. I wish him well for the season ahead though it is hard to break through and gain regular game time.
We will see.
Any man that .can strike a ball with such Authority, from a dead ball ,to THAT right hand goal.
Is a player. He meant it . It was a message to a few people. Utd.Pep his team mates ...and educational for me too,lol, don't think I'll be trying that style
Outstanding technique. Wow.
Not a penalty I've ever scored..I twas brilliant. A Work of Art.
Fantastic.
Not summat that Bonnie 5 Evans could ever dream of coming up with.

Such a difficult player as does not have the technical ability of other players we have, but can go passed players with a pace, power and acceleration that is reminiscent of Yaya (although not of that standard).

Interesting to see what happens, especially considering the constant low block.
Does not have the technical ability?

You do know that we brought Nunes in as cover, when Kevin injured his hamstring?

I doubt Txiki and Pep would bring in a player lacking in technical ability in such circumstances.

Panic buy, still not good enough sadly and I fear he never will be.

Not Philips levels but it's alarming how Kovacic has kicked on since not exactly setting the world alight when he first joined us, and Nunes hasn't progressed at all.
Kovačić played a lot more football than Nunes last season.

Does not have the technical ability?

You do know that we brought Nunes in as cover, when Kevin injured his hamstring?

I doubt Txiki and Pep would bring in a player lacking in technical ability in such circumstances.

They did, it’s pretty clear pal.

And every other member of the squad, bar KdB. Do you think they’re all crap too?

Bit of a leap that pal!

Surely, the fact I think he lacks the technical skills to play for City (despite being complimentary of his attributes such as power and acceleration), would indicate that I rate the other players.

For the record I don’t think Nunes is crap but do think he does not have the technical skills of other players and it shows.

Therefore it’s pretty clear I rate the other players.

Enjoy the season and form your own opinion!

Bit of a leap that pal!

Surely, the fact I think he lacks the technical skills to play for City (despite being complimentary of his attributes such as power and acceleration), would indicate that I rate the other players.

For the record I don’t think Nunes is crap but do think he does not have the technical skills of other players and it shows.

Therefore it’s pretty clear I rate the other players.

Enjoy the season and form your own opinion!
OK, I admit, my analogy was a little ridiculous.

But the fact remains that Nunes was brought in because de Bruyne was injured and would be out for a large part of the season.

There is no way Txiki would have brought in a replacement/cover for him that he didn’t think had a high degree of technical ability, even if there was little or no chance that he would be equal to Kevin.

And, let’s face it, who is?

Tiki taka skill, never give out the ball.
But I think football is changing. You had a great team, several years later, you need new players.
"I want the same kind of players"
You may never find the players with same style.
Even if you are barca, your style is changing by the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.