29 Games to quadruple

Ever since we all came on here and said how great it is to win the FA Cup for the 2nd time in 3 years before we played Wigan and talked about breaking records I fucking hate threads like this

eversince 76 said:
Don't want to dampen things, but I really don't like reading about the possibillity of winning 4 competitions at this stage. It's halfway January ffs.
The only prize we can realistically win at this moment is the League Cup, as we lead 6-0 and even 'typical City' won't give that away.
The PL is halfway with awaygames at Spurs, scum, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton.
The CL is in the 1st knock-out round and we have to play what has been the best team for over 5 years and leaders of La Liga. Some even think we are favourites against them. We most certainly are not. And even if we get through it's like there are no teams left that can beat us. Surely.
The FA Cup is only in the 4th round with a very realistic chance for us to go through to the 5th. And that's it.

So all this talk is way too early and imo out of order. I don't know why Pelegrini and the latest Kompany would even discuss the subject to give ammunition to shoot us down at the 1st opportunity we crash out of a competition. We can do well without talking about the quadruple.
CL? No way. PL? 25% change with 4 challenging. FA Cup? Remember Wigan. League-Cup? 50% change and favourites to win it.

Even United can win a quadruple ... says it all really.
4 challenging for the PL? you're giving the dippers too much credit there, won't make up the ground on 3 teams at this stage of the season when they cant win the big games.

kippaxblue76 said:
I see the media are doing their best to put the pressure on, they are building us up for the fall, lets just take it 1 game at a time and ignore all this bollocks from the media.
Yeah im sure the players read all the papers watch sky news and listen to the radio all day and then get nervous about it.

God I absolutely HATE threads such as this one. Why oh why do people feel the need to discuss the quadruple?

The Premiership should be our main aim and a domestic cup could be a possibility. I truly believe getting past Barcelona will be extremely tough and they could quite feasibly bring us down to earth with a bang.

The media are discussing it only to return us to earth with a kicking as each trophy slips through our fingers. Let's concentrate on winning back our domestic league and anything else would be a bonus.

Having supported City for 43 years now, I'm enjoying the current ride after years of roller coaster movement in the club, on the field and with managers. I'm a great believer in the Premiership being the main focus of our season and always (still) rejoice when we reach the 40 point mark.

Enjoy the run we're on, winning trophies would be fantastic, but the quadruple............Let's stop mentioning it!!

We're being hyped up way beyond our current capabilities.

Words are being put in Pellegrini's mouth and although all this positive talk about City in the national conscious is all very nice, it should be treated with the same contempt as when we are being done down.

This team is so far away from it's maturity and just 12 months ago United, a shit United at that, were being talked about in similar tones.

Then Van Pussy misses two clear opportunities in the Bernabeu, they get a red card back at the Swamp, events happen beyond anyone's control.

A domestic double of sorts, quite possibly, and we should be more excited about that then flights of fancy.

The Barca game at our place, seriously?

The way we attack, we could easily go out on away goals, having been lauded for beating Barca 5-4 in a classic at the Etihad.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
kippaxblue76 said:
I see the media are doing their best to put the pressure on, they are building us up for the fall, lets just take it 1 game at a time and ignore all this bollocks from the media.
Yeah im sure the players read all the papers watch sky news and listen to the radio all day and then get nervous about it.

Have you not seen any of the interviews with Pellegrini and the players recently, the Q question is asked about on a regular basis.

Wonder how many posters in this thread are the same ones that have been saying we've got no chance of the league all season in those 'are we out of the title race' threads?

Give it a rest lads. We were never out of the title race and we aren't winning any f*cking quadruple.

conormcfc said:
Wonder how many posters in this thread are the same ones that have been saying we've got no chance of the league all season in those 'are we out of the title race' threads?

Give it a rest lads. We were never out of the title race and we aren't winning any f*cking quadruple.

Here fucking here.

aguero93:20 said:
eversince 76 said:
Don't want to dampen things, but I really don't like reading about the possibillity of winning 4 competitions at this stage. It's halfway January ffs.
The only prize we can realistically win at this moment is the League Cup, as we lead 6-0 and even 'typical City' won't give that away.
The PL is halfway with awaygames at Spurs, scum, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton.
The CL is in the 1st knock-out round and we have to play what has been the best team for over 5 years and leaders of La Liga. Some even think we are favourites against them. We most certainly are not. And even if we get through it's like there are no teams left that can beat us. Surely.
The FA Cup is only in the 4th round with a very realistic chance for us to go through to the 5th. And that's it.

So all this talk is way too early and imo out of order. I don't know why Pelegrini and the latest Kompany would even discuss the subject to give ammunition to shoot us down at the 1st opportunity we crash out of a competition. We can do well without talking about the quadruple.
CL? No way. PL? 25% change with 4 challenging. FA Cup? Remember Wigan. League-Cup? 50% change and favourites to win it.

Even United can win a quadruple ... says it all really.
4 challenging for the PL? you're giving the dippers too much credit there, won't make up the ground on 3 teams at this stage of the season when they cant win the big games.

Can't stand Liverpool, but thought they were by far the best side we played at the Etihad. And I think they will play Arsenal, Chelsea and us at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.