3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

At times, on Sunday, we looked as if Hughes was back in charge, with too many players too high, leaving the central defenders exposed and out-numbered. This surprised me with such a defensive-minded manager as Mancini, unless,of course, his instructions were not followed.
The selection of NDJ was a surprise,too, since Rodgers plays a passing game and Nigel is always a fish out of water against these tactics; the game simply passes him by, so in effect, we were a man down from the off.

Cityinmyheart said:
This game goes into prove my point again
No it doesn't. The late goals had nothing to do with 3 men getting exposed on a brekaway

Marvin said:
Cityinmyheart said:
This game goes into prove my point again
No it doesn't. The late goals had nothing to do with 3 men getting exposed on a brekaway

Aye, we were just to slow, they had too many shots too many times and the fullbacks got sheer hell.

n0, 3-5-2 with 7 defensive players leave you vulnerable. Mancini's substitutions welcomed pressure. Mourinho said ok and obliged Mancini by sending Ozil, modric and Benzema in, 3 attacking players.

I don't think I saw Barry and Garcia make more 1 forward pass all game(unless it involved booting it up the pitch).

ghost305 said:
n0, 3-5-2 with 7 defensive players leave you vulnerable. Mancini's substitutions welcomed pressure. Mourinho said ok and obliged Mancini by sending Ozil, modric and Benzema in, 3 attacking players.

I don't think I saw Barry and Garcia make more 1 forward pass all game(unless it involved booting it up the pitch).
Two of the subs were due to injuries. They weren't tactical changes. Macon was limping all second half, Zaba had to come on. That should use been into a back four though, three at the back really doesn't convince me at all with our players. We don't look right and the switching between 3 and 4 from game to game or during the same match just isn't right. We're conceding too many goals. 5 games played, 8 goals conceded.

Adam-mcfc said:
We're open to counter attacks in all formations.

We miss Barry

We miss Barry when he's fully fit. He was running in treacle all game - not surprising when he's missed all pre-season and the start of the season too. Surely the younger legs of Milner or Rodwell at H-T might have stemmed the RM onslaught a little more effectively ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.