3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

Starting to look like we really going miss De Jong how many fifty fifty ball did we win in midfield tonight and how many did he used to lose bad loss to us i'm beginning to think.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yet again we went 352 and conceded. Then we changed back. We are averaging 3+ formations per game at the moment. You can't keep messing players around like that.

It didn't really matter today - he could've changed it to 631 and we'd have still conceded. We were hanging on by a thread.
sort of, but the first half could have been 3-3 and wed started the second half reasonably. It still looked like if we could get a grip on central midfield we could win the game. And I'm sure that's one of the things he intended to do with that change. But it didnt work. And he changed it again 10 mins later.

It was too much and have them total control of the game.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yet again we went 352 and conceded. Then we changed back. We are averaging 3+ formations per game at the moment. You can't keep messing players around like that.

It didn't really matter today - he could've changed it to 631 and we'd have still conceded. We were hanging on by a thread.
sort of, but the first half could have been 3-3 and wed started the second half reasonably. It still looked like if we could get a grip on central midfield we could win the game. And I'm sure that's one of the things he intended to do with that change. But it didnt work. And he changed it again 10 mins later.

Agreed 100%. Mourinho fielded three central holding-type mids against us, and Klopp constructed a moving wall across the midfield. I guess they noticed how narrow and slow we are, especially without width and productive pace on the wings. What I wouldn't give for a Lavezzi right now...

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You're right and I was being relatively facetious. First half was a super open match. The Kolarov change was hugely counterproductive because it seemed to give Dortmund more confidence whereas our team collectively shat themselves.

taconinja said:
Cityinmyheart said:
Ajax third goal proves my point again,,,,,shut the 3-5-2 crap
Yes, playing four at the back completely shut them down.

This..
Fook the 3-5-2

Have to say I was bafled by Bobby manc's leter subs

get back to a solid back 4 with at least on serious sweeper to break up play

Lots of talk about missing Silva... sorry don't buy it
Our problem is defence
We should not be playing catch up after leading 1-0 ??

Cityinmyheart said:

In all fairness you are wrong, yes, the 3-5-2 needs work.

But their 3rd goal was not a result of this.

-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 pm --

dom said:
taconinja said:
Cityinmyheart said:

This..
Fook the 3-5-2

Our problem is defence

If you really wanna take action then bench Kompany cause he is lookin like shit now.

Lescott is not exactly world class either..

And playing with 4 at the back didnt really help in the last couple of games, did it?<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 pm --<br /><br />
dom said:
taconinja said:
Cityinmyheart said:

This..
Fook the 3-5-2

Our problem is defence

If you really wanna take action then bench Kompany cause he is lookin like shit now.

Lescott is not exactly world class either..

And playing with 4 at the back didnt really help in the last couple of games, did it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.