3 defenders purchased by MH

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Spindash said:
I seem to remember countless threads about Dunne on here last season.

Yeah, same whinging tossers were calling for Dunney to go.

Yet, in a great re-writing of history the Hughes Out brigade make out Dunney is crap because of Hughes.

Sad.

What is sad is that by & large the posters who are pro-Hughes seem to be the ones who need to resort to getting personal. Usualyy this is a good sign of losing the argument :-)

Okay Allyboy,

If we're playing that game, let's look at Hughes' 3 midfield signings - Robinho, SWP and Kompany. Not bad, eh?

Look, I'm not saying I would totally justify Hughes staying in the job by his dealings in the market, but to use it as an argument against him is just plain silly. And even worse than that you've decided to, for some strange reason, section off his signings in one area of the field... what's the purpose? If it's just to bag Hughes, you've got plenty of other, more legitimate, factors to use as ammunition.

Cheesy said:
Yeah, he was good too. Who sold him?

Who put in a transfer request?

Uhm..... Corluka.

And yes, he was a good signing. Just like several of Hughes'. Pity you don't want to give credit where credit is due in your biased take on things.

You didn't read this post did you...

Cheesy said:
To be fair, I don't really question MH's transfer dealings as they've been, by & large, pretty good.

Cheesy said:

Yet, in a great re-writing of history the Hughes Out brigade make out Dunney is crap because of Hughes.

Sad.

What is sad is that by & large the posters who are pro-Hughes seem to be the ones who need to resort to getting personal. Usualyy this is a good sign of losing the argument :-)
I would entirely disagree with that. There's idiots on both side of the fence, my friend.

Cheesy said:

Sad.

If someone is a tosser - let the cap fit! I didn't name any one in particular, did I? So it cannot be "personal" if no particular 'person' is mentioned.

And my points - which you conveniently didn't address - still stand.

Point taken Woody, there's plenty of ammo to go at Hughes other than his signings.

but.....

I just started a thread about those purchases you listed
kompany, SWP, Zab, Robinho etc..

Its fair chunk of the team, so they can't be as good as we think otherwise we wouldn't be in bottom 3 and more importantly playiong bottom 3 form football.

Maybe they just look good next to the likes of Dunne, Ball, Benji and of course THE VASS.

Cheesy said:

Sad.

There've been just as many examples of the opposite.

Wooderbeen said:
I would entirely disagree with that. There's idiots on both side of the fence, my friend.

Agree mate. What's ironic is the personal insults levelled at Hughes by some of the Hughes Out brigade - yet Cheesy says this is a sign that somebody has lost the argument! LOL.

Ok, the Hughes IN brigade wins by default!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.