3 defenders purchased by MH

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Cheesy said:
Many managers have kept players who have wanted to leave. A good manager should be able to do that & still get the best out of them.

Name just 10 of these "many" players........

Off the top of my head, players who reputedly wanted to leave their clubs but were persuaded to stay.

Tranny
Gerrard
Dunne
Eto'o
Drogba
Barry
Adebayor

Cheesy said:
Name just 10 of these "many" players........

Off the top of my head, players who reputedly wanted to leave their clubs but were persuaded to stay.

Tranny
Gerrard
Dunne
Eto'o
Drogba
Barry
Adebayor

Tranny - Maybe. But his form has not been the same as last season. 'Bad management'?!!
Gerrard - Didn't want to leave Pool when it came to the crunch.
Dunne- Persuaded to stay by Hughes! Good management.
Eto'o - No one came in for him apart from some Russian (?) outfit. It fell through.
Drogba - Questionable.
Barry - Would have gone if Liverpool could have afforded him. Again, no one else in for him so of course he stayed.
Adebayor - AC chose Ronnie instead of him and nobody else came in for him.

Sorry, your examples are not convincing.

Yeah, let's keep a player who doesn't want to play for us! And you would call that good management?

So which way do you want it?

Cheesy said:
Yeah, let's keep a player who doesn't want to play for us! And you would call that good management?

You misunderstand. The 'good management' comment was put in to illustrate YOUR point that a 'good' manager can persuade a player to stay and WANT to play for your club.

I put it there as an illustration that you were contradicting your own argument regarding Hughes and Corluka.

Cheesy said:

You misunderstand. The 'good management' comment was put in to illustrate YOUR point that a 'good' manager can persuade a player to stay and WANT to play for your club.

I put it there as an illustration that you were contradicting your own argument regarding Hughes and Corluka.

A good manager can persuade a player to stay at a club & still get them to perform well. Dunney has been persuaded to stay, but he's now playing worse than at any time in his City career.

Cheesy said:

A good manager can persuade a player to stay at a club & still get them to perform well. Dunney has been persuaded to stay, but he's now playing worse than at any time in his City career.

That's not fact, merely your opinion. Yes, he's not playing as well as he can. But he's in a shit team with a lot of behind the scenes shit going on. That's bound to affect your performance.

I'll judge Dunnie over a SEASON and not over a dozen games.

That's not fact, merely your opinion. Yes, he's not playing as well as he can. But he's in a shit team with a lot of behind the scenes shit going on. That's bound to affect your performance.

I'd argue that at the moment it's very much a fact and not just my opinion. Having been convinced to stay, the big question is why is he playing so poorly?

If he picks up for the rest of the season then fair enough, but we're half way through now & he's been poor.

Cheesy said:

I'd argue that at the moment it's very much a fact and not just my opinion.

So he's got half a season to get back to his best. And he will, I feel. Once Hughes sorts out the wasters.

Have faith brother. Beeelieve!

In Hughes We Trust!

Oh great, yet another anti Hughes thread....

No mention of all Sven's crap, though eh?

Bianchi, Garrido, Benjani...

Yeah, really fair.

What has Sven got to do with this thread? Are you that desperate to defend Hughes ineptness?

Just for a laugh:

Bianchi: scored goals
Garrido: young player trying to adapt to this league, was shit earlier this season, started to come good then Hughes dropped him
Benjani: Absolute shite who we were forced into signing because Frank wouldn't give Sven the funds he promised. Oh, even though he's shite Hughes picks him all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.