3 | Rúben Dias - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats an interesting comment. Did he show the same mentality in Portugal?
yes but not the performances, not even close. he was known as a defender prone to errors and giving away cheap goals at times. a bit like otamendi but worse on the ball

its really difficult to explain how much better he looks now. nobody was expecting this, not even close. I thought he was an overpay and i was dead wrong. Dirt cheap so far, given his impact

Last edited:
yes but not the performances, not even close. he was known as a defender prone to errors and giving away cheap goals at times. a bit like otamendi but worse on the ball
wow. I can't put it down to Pep's coaching as he has been brilliant from the start. Maybe his partnership with John has helped him. Whatever, he is one beast of a defender.

wow. I can't put it down to Pep's coaching as he has been brilliant from the start. Maybe his partnership with John has helped him. Whatever, he is one beast of a defender.

yeah, im not sure, he developed into world class at city though, so even if only because of the mental part(motivation, confidence) i have to give kudos to pep too.

Obviously he was and is still developing, so, maybe city caught him at exactly the perfect time, when he started trending clearly up

Thats an interesting comment. Did he show the same mentality in Portugal?
Not Portuguese but I’ve got a friend who supports Benfica. Apparently opposition fans used to call him “Rambo Dias” because he was known for being rash/hot headed/mistake prone. He told me to be wary of fans returning to stadiums as he thought a good atmosphere could have a negative impact on his performances but obviously that doesn’t seem to have made a difference lol

just to finish and make sure im not misunderstood, he was highly rated at benfica and Portugal. But more because of his potential and the player he could turn into than because of his actual week in and week out performances.

Theres a reason pro scouts exist and are well paid, its to see beyond the surface of a more casual fan, obviously

He is immense he is that old fashioned defender mentality with His diving blocks and the skill to pass it out and still only 24 wow wow.

Over 8 hours since we conceded in the league. He is the reason why. Shout out to Eric today who was also fantastic.

That challenge on Lukaku at the end was worth the admission fee alone. “Fuck off mate I don’t care how big you are you aren’t getting past me”

Loved the way he commanded his troops today, even screaming instructions at someone as senior as Walker at one point. He’s the captain regardless of who has the armband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.