30 mil + milner for bale

bluemoondays said:
I'd be annoyed if Milner left and I don't think it likely. He needs to play in that CM role and I see him as a replacement for Barry over the next year or so. Also, he is contributing to the home-grown numbers which we aren't well stocked with although I think Bale would count under them also.

Sends completely the wrong message if we buy Milner one season, play him out of position and then sell him a year later.

Very much this.

thought Milner looked good in CM against West ham. Could be regularly in the first team next season.

Not a fan of Bale, he can undoubtedly totally destroy teams sometimes, but i think his effectiveness is more determined by the opposition and how they play, than by Bale himself.

If you want to be a consistent side you need players who are effective against all teams, especially if you're basically paying 50 million for them.

Seen Bale totally shut out of matches too many times.

I must be one of a few on here who would be delighted if we signed Bale. I'd further buck the trend and say I'd play him at left back. He has the potential to be the best attacking left back in world football imho. I don't expect many to agree, but the prospect of Richards on the right and Bale on the left would provide an excellent balance to the team.

i reckon that bale costs less than 15 mil for his ability, it's bollocks people say he costs 30 mil.

hgblue said:
I must be one of a few on here who would be delighted if we signed Bale. I'd further buck the trend and say I'd play him at left back. He has the potential to be the best attacking left back in world football imho. I don't expect many to agree, but the prospect of Richards on the right and Bale on the left would provide an excellent balance to the team.

If we got him I would play him as an attacking left back too. I don't think he's good enough to play the left side of a 3 pronged attack but as an attacking left back in the system we have now it could work tremendously well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.