#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know the first thing about goalkeeping but Eddy seems pretty close to his post here?

Attachments

• rsz_1screen_shot_2021-04-21_at_104334_pm.jpg
    rsz_1screen_shot_2021-04-21_at_104334_pm.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 63
Don't know the first thing about goalkeeping but Eddy seems pretty close to his post here?
Nothing wrong with that at all. The balls come over from that side at pace, look at the position of the attacker when he strikes it, he's wide of the near post, you cover your front post there to make sure if he goes front post it's straight at you and then shift your weight to your left in anticpation of him going across.

Reactions: kun
I may get pelters for this but watching the Villa goal again I think he could have done better.

I really rate Eddie but he's not been at his best this season. His passing and distribution are second to none but I feel that there are a few goals conceded this season that are not necessarily mistakes but that he maybe could have done better on.

I may get pelters for this but watching the Villa goal again I think he could have done better.

I really rate Eddie but he's not been at his best this season. His passing and distribution are second to none but I feel that there are a few goals conceded this season that are not necessarily mistakes but that he maybe could have done better on.
I think that's fair comment.When it comes to 'routine' goalkeeping he is no better than average,i'm never particularly confident when a striker is bearing down on our goal.

Given how we play,still no one better though.

Theres no doubt he could have done better in fact he couldn't have done any worse. He went down in slow motion.

One of, if not the best distributor of the ball in his position. ...but definitely not the best goalkeeper.

One of, if not the best distributor of the ball in his position. ...but definitely not the best goalkeeper.
This isn't aimed at you specifically but I wonder why so many are keen to knock Ederson's goalkeeping abilities?

I mean I read earlier this week posts saying Ederson may not have saved the shot Steffen saved from the weekend.

He might not be prime Neuer as far as shot-stopping is concerned but still..

This isn't aimed at you specifically but I wonder why so many are keen to knock Ederson's goalkeeping abilities?

I mean I read earlier this week posts saying Ederson may not have saved the shot Steffen saved from the weekend.

He might not be prime Neuer as far as shot-stopping is concerned but still..

British media has conditioned us to assume that any goalkeeper good with their feet must also be shit with their hands. That only worsened after Bravo's disastrous spell here. People's minds cannot compute that a goalkeeper can be great at both.

I'll freely admit that Ederson isn't quite on the level of Oblak at 'traditional' goalkeeping but IMO he's still the best in the Premier League at it, with the possible exception of Nick Pope- not to mention that he'll probably be remembered as the best of all time with his feet if he keeps this up for another six or seven years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.