#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has all the physical attributes to be the best, but his colocation and 1vs1 are not good. A top 5 goalkeeper (Navas, Neuer, Cortouis, Ter Stegen...) would have, at least, stopped one of the two goals by Dortmund.
That’s just pure supposition. All of those goalkeepers let in goals they should have saved, and they could all have easily let in the goals that Dortmund scored as well as any that Ederson saved.

he should've moved slightly left when bellingham controls the rebound inside the box, cause the defense was blocking the other side. small technical mistake but its fine margins at this level

I feel that he should have saved Bellingham's effort last night, as harsh as that may sound. I also think he could have done better with the first Leeds goal and possibly the second.

For me he has been good this season but maybe not quite at the top level. He's a great keeper and compliments the way we play beautifully but watching him this season I do feel as if he could have done a bit better on some of the goals we have conceded albeit our defensive record is superb.

He has all the physical attributes to be the best, but his colocation and 1vs1 are not good. A top 5 goalkeeper (Navas, Neuer, Cortouis, Ter Stegen...) would have, at least, stopped one of the two goals by Dortmund.

have you not watched the quarter finals. Neuer is the reason Bayern are out. Let a right soft one straight through him in the first leg. Navas was the reason PSG were holding on. Proper soft keeping for Bayern’s goal Tuesday. Ter Stegen is well known for having difficulty with shots from distance.

he should've moved slightly left when bellingham controls the rebound inside the box, cause the defense was blocking the other side. small technical mistake but its fine margins at this level
Bollox and hindsight, fuck me

This thread is getting even worse. First we get complete myths about his 1v1 ability, with added randomers dedicating entire presentations of pure bollocks to try and legitimise the myth, and now he should have saved what was an unstoppable, powerful, accurate finish simply because he did remarkably well to touch it. Touching the ball does not mean he should save it, he's at the absolute limit of his reach, we should be wowed by the fact he actually touched it, it would have taken a slab of concrete instead of fingers to save that. If ederson got nowhere near that, which is what you'd ordinarily expect, they'd be no suggestion he should be getting near it.

he's basically being criticised for doing something totally unexpected. It's like criticising an outfield player for not scoring after he's dribbled past 3 players and smashed it against the bar from 45 yards.

Still comfortably the most important signing Pep has made as our manager IMO. We can nit pick about the odd goal he might or might not have kept out but the reality is that whilst he might not be the absolute best shot stopper around, he's still very very good and in terms of his overall game, there literally isn't any other keeper in the world I'd rather have to play in our team with the way we play.

Incredible and so, so very wrong.
I thought he should have moved slightly to his left too for Bellingham’s goal. It would still have taken a terrific save to keep the ball out. He wasn’t at fault for either of the Leeds goals they were excellent finished. There should have been more pressure on Dallas by our defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.