31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it elsewhere tonight, that was our worst defensive performance of the season, with obvious mitigating circumstances of those who are out.
West Ham didn't quite bombard us in a way that Atletico had done to us in the second leg of the Champions League.

Still was alert and did make a save. Atletico Madrid was another example of him making a crucial save. There isn't much difference in the two keepers. Alisson wasn't too clever last season.
You’re right, Alisson wasn’t last season at all but he’s been very good this season and that’s why I wouldn’t sell Eddie but something needs to change.

You’re right, Alisson wasn’t last season at all but he’s been very good this season and that’s why I wouldn’t sell Eddie but something needs to change.
But it is not down to coaching either. We don't have a bad defensive record considering his wobbles and we are still in ahead in the title race. Most of his coaching was done at youth level at Benfica and considering his age there is nothing more can be done now and it is all down to Maturity. It also seems Pep is more than happy with both Goalkeeping Coaches and Eddy.

That was probably down to our makeshift defence (as you have mentioned)
Yes probably, but they were all over the place, every time they tried to beat it, once I can understand, but repeatedly ? Learn from your errors, and none of them covered themselves in glory, and it was pretty much West Hams only attacking option (apart from Dhino passing it straight to their player because he didn't look).

Neither goal is on him. Good attacking play didn't give him a chance with either goal. The only error today was the mix up with laporte. No idea why he came out for that though, laporte was in control and looking for a simple back pass, laporte did exceptionally well to take control and get rid.With the amount of times he comes out, mistakes are inevitable, Alisson makes at least half a dozen mistakes coming out of his box a season for comparison, that was one from ederson and thankfully it didn't cost us.

These "he needs competition" claims are bollocks, no top keeper in the world has any real competition other than at PSG. Alisson and Mendy's competition at our two closest domestic rivals can't even get a game in the cups nevermind put them under pressure in the league, neither are looking over their shoulder.

Simple fact is he cannot be perfect all the time and losing your shit everytime there's anything less than perfection is about as rag-like as it gets. He made a mistake today that thanks to laporte didn't cost us, but he makes the least amount of mistakes of any keeper and is the only keeper in the world capable of doing what Pep needs to allow us to play the way we do.
Thank you, I have been feeling poorly today and unwisely decided to have a glance at 2021-22 performances. Thought I had gone beyond recovery reading some of the stuff here. He is not the greatest shot stopper but the "he can't stop shots" narrative is weaving its way through Bluemoon like a virus, so reading your post is a reminder that I may not have left the real world yet.

Yes probably, but they were all over the place, every time they tried to beat it, once I can understand, but repeatedly ? Learn from your errors, and none of them covered themselves in glory, and it was pretty much West Hams only attacking option (apart from Dhino passing it straight to their player because he didn't look).
It does happen when our first choice defenders are playing as well. That is probably down to Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.