31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes at least one big mistake in every game we don't play well. Luckily that rarely ever happens. Alisson Is a better shotstopper, it's not even close. However, Ederson is World class at what he does, reading the game, playing out from the back etc. He's perfect for a Guardiola team, and i wouldnt swap him for anyone, but put him in a team that doesn't totally dominate possession every game, he would look average unfortunately, other than one on one's, his shotstopping is poor. Also, has he ever had a MOTM performance for us? I know Alisson has a few.
Most keepers who get motm are usually under lots of pressure and their team concede lots of chances so the keeper is more likely to make more saves.
Alisson isn't anywhere near as suited to us as Eddie in my opinion...he's not as good with the ball when he's closed down and he makes more errors than Eddie.

Hopefully it is something he can work on during the summer with regards to shot stopping.

He has made a few good stops this season, no doubt - hopefully can be more consistent

worse in saves made, worse penalties saved.

He has to improve on the things that actually makes a goal keeper a goal keeper.

View attachment 43374
We concede the fewest shots on target in the league so the saves made stat is meaningless. He needs to be judged on percentage saved and even that is misleading because it does not take into account the quality of chance.

We concede the fewest shots on target in the league so the saves made stat is meaningless. He needs to be judged on percentage saved and even that is misleading because it does not take into account the quality of chance.
1 shot on goal, 1 goal conceded against Wolves and 2 shots on goal, 2 goals conceded against West ham says otherwise. You might choose to ignore the numbers but the actual picture tells the same story.

1 shot on goal, 1 goal conceded against Wolves and 2 shots on goal, 2 goals conceded against West ham says otherwise. You might choose to ignore the numbers but the actual picture tells the same story.
I agree it's not been good recently but over the course of the season the percentage stat suggests he is in line with other keepers
It's just an irrelevant graphic. The save percentage is the most useable stat from the whole thing, and he's second only to Alisson in that respect who has played less minutes.
The fact of the matter is that we concede the least amount of shots on goal and that is a direct correlation to Ederson pushing high and trying to manage the space between our high defensive line and his box. His whole game is high risk, it always has been and that is literally what Pep wants from him. The goals he concedes are nearly always because he is one-on-one with a striker. Of course he can do better, everyone can, but some of the shit i've heard about him being useless at it is complete nonsense.
Alisson is def better at shot stopping, but his kicking is just above average and we had a distinct requirement for that aspect at City. Fact of the matter is Pep's system is built around Ederson and if the whole system does it's job properly, Ederson (like all other GK's) is protected from one-on-one's. This season we haven't been as good as last season as a unit, the Laporte & Dias mixture hasn't worked as well as the Stones & Dias combo and that's pretty much agreed.

I see a lot of people stating Ederson is bottom for shots saved, as a way of them ‘proving’ he’s crap.

An irrelevant stat considering every keeper has faced a different number of shots on target.

Ederson is 4th for save percentage.

Only Sa, Mendy and Allison ranking higher.

Thought v Wolves he could maybe have done better with the goal but his outfield play and passing was magnificent, best its been for a while and it made a big difference to the team.

Against West Ham thought he maybe could have done better with both goals and his passing was nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.