31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people stating Ederson is bottom for shots saved, as a way of them ‘proving’ he’s crap.

An irrelevant stat considering every keeper has faced a different number of shots on target.

Ederson is 4th for save percentage.

Only Sa, Mendy and Allison ranking higher.

Stats are always questionable.

For instance; a mishit shot from 25 yards that rolls gently to the keeper's feet, or a weak header straight into their hands, counts as a 'save' if the shot was 'on target'.

Positioning and sheer luck don't cone into it

I go by what I see. Ederson isn't a good goalkeeper in my opinion. Nowhere near it.

His strength is kicking the ball a long way.

Stats are always questionable.

For instance; a mishit shot from 25 yards that rolls gently to the keeper's feet, or a weak header straight into their hands, counts as a 'save' if the shot was 'on target'.

Positioning and sheer luck don't cone into it

I go by what I see. Ederson isn't a good goalkeeper in my opinion. Nowhere near it.

His strength is kicking the ball a long way.

His strength is his coolness ( usually) under pressure and passing, which for the most part is good. His shot saving for me has gone backwards. He seems to have stalled in improving which is a bit of a worry.

I see a lot of people stating Ederson is bottom for shots saved, as a way of them ‘proving’ he’s crap.

An irrelevant stat considering every keeper has faced a different number of shots on target.

I posted the stats that show this narrative is wrong. It was just ignored as the latest city scapegoat bandwagon got into gear.Why people want scapegoats when we are top of the league going into the last game after the sucess of the last few years is beyond me. Still he has company with Laporte and Cancelo and Mahrez and Sterling and Grealish, even Pep with some. It's a wonder we arent in a conference league battle with united.

I posted the stats that show this narrative is wrong. It was just ignored as the latest city scapegoat bandwagon got into gear.Why people want scapegoats when we are top of the league going into the last game after the sucess of the last few years is beyond me. Still he has company with Laporte and Cancelo and Mahrez and Sterling and Grealish, even Pep with some. It's a wonder we arent in a conference league battle with united.
Made two world class saves against wolves, but as they weren't onside prob not in the stats. The opinion on him flip flops every game. Not one of his best seasons tbf, but defence has been a bit patchwork at times.

Goalies will come in for more 'slating' than outfield players for every bollock they drop it's invariably a goal conceded. Outfield players can muck up a pass like Zinky did v Watford at Wembers before we scored and someone else deals with the shite that follows. Every shot a goalie faces is either because he's up against an opposition player with some skill and talent or one of his team has buggered it up! It seems the better passing game Eddie has, the softer the goals he lets in. In the words of our Yanqui cousins, EDDIE, WE NEED A FUCKIN' SHUT OUT ON SUNDAY!

worse in saves made, worse penalties saved.

He has to improve on the things that actually makes a goal keeper a goal keeper.

View attachment 43374
You could not make it up. 'worse in saves made'. You have to face a shot on goal to make a save mate. That tells us our defence is the best at stopping shots that he has to save!!!
Who won? Oh, quelle suprise its the alpaca with Harry Maguire and the rest of the rags shit show in front of him. Wish Eddie could make all those saves like him.

In fact, of the shots faced Eddie has the best Save % other than Alisson. If you want to post stats to make the boy look bad, its probably not the best idea to post stats that make him look good.

And you're happy with him being 4th best in that table, that's fine.

He is second based on those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.