31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is entirely possible he is just having a down year. Look at Oblak, his stats have dropped through the floor but Atletico wouldn't replace him and if he was on the market I am sure he would have suitors.

Fck knows why plenty on here are still living in the 90s and are solely basing a goalkeeper off how many saves he makes, literally the number of them never mind the quality of them.

Alisson is bobbins, he can barely pass the ball past 10yrds and frequently lets in what some on here would call an easy save.

De Gea is 31 so no I wouldn't swap a younger keeper for an older one but he has been a better keeper than Ederson this year in terms of stopping the ball going in the net. Without him the rags would have finished bottom half not in Europe.
This year and most seasons De Gea has better at making point blank saves and one on one saves but only inside the 6 yd box and most have been saved on his goal line
I've always said he is one of the best reaction shot stoppers in the world, his agility and athleticism on point blank saves are brilliant, arguably the best.

However, he doesn't command his box and is poor at coming off his line to snuff out danger, plus his distribution is piss poor. And these attributes are what Ederson excels at. Ederson suits our style but sometimes makes a costly blunder but on the whole he's a very good all round keeper.

Alisson is a slightly better shot stopper i think but he flaps a lot and his distribution nowhere near as good as Ederson. There is no such thing as a perfect goalkeeper but I'm happy that we have got a goalkeeper who is pretty bang on most if the time.

The proof is he is letting in more saveable shots, shots he has previously saved for us when he first signed for the club. So if it isn't an issue with training then it's a much more serious issue as that would mean it's him declining as a player which would be a real let down.
That's not proof it's an opinion not universally shared. Evidence, has a coach said his training is off or have you seen for yourself a poor training performance.

On the floor and distribution he is the best,

Our defence is one of the best around and we allow so few shots. Hence he is hardly kept busy and is he sometimes off guard.

I just think there are better shot stoppers around, but maybe he wins with his overall package
There may be better shot stoppers, Pickford and Kasper, I think are, but I can see no keeper equal to his overall package.

De Gea is 31 so no I wouldn't swap a younger keeper for an older one but he has been a better keeper than Ederson this year in terms of stopping the ball going in the net. Without him the rags would have finished bottom half not in Europe.
Utd conceded 31 more goals than City this season. It doesn't get much worse than that. Do you think if Ederson had played for Utd this season they would have been in a worse position?

Needs to improve on his shot stopping and one on one's for the next season. Penalties saving too
I think his goal keeping is pretty average at best but luckily we don't concede many chances. Yes we can get a better goalkeeper but I can't think of any that would be anywhere near as good as him with their feet. On that basis he is irreplaceable in our current playing style.

I think his goal keeping is pretty average at best but luckily we don't concede many chances. Yes we can get a better goalkeeper but I can't think of any that would be anywhere near as good as him with their feet. On that basis he is irreplaceable in our current playing style.
I would say his shot stopping is better than average. Hes had a poor season, sure, but he has made big saves in the past and he makes all the standard saves. Its usually when his defense lets him down and hes put into a bad situation that he makes errors. Average shot stopper for this league is the likes of the keepers on the mid table teams and I would definitely put ederson above them.

Before his move to Milan, the only keeper I’d say i rate besides the usual ones that are getting on in years around Europe is Mike Maignan. Great reflexes.

Nonetheless, for the way City play, it has to be Eddie aka mr ice in his veins.

I genuinely 100% believe that if Ederson broke his leg in mid-September and we had to play a season without him, that's the only way people would start to understand how fucked we would be without a 'keeper as good as him at passing.

Which puts us in a really awkward position because he won't be around forever and it's very hard to just convert an academy goalkeeper into an Ederson-level player. They don't grow on trees, put it that way. We're basically hoping one pops up in South America somewhere before Ederson gets too old.

A few goals a season where we go "yeah maybe Alisson would've saved that" is nothing compared to how pissed you lot would be if you were watching Alisson or Ramsdale pass to the opposition in the final third every single match.

There may be better shot stoppers, Pickford and Kasper, I think are, but I can see no keeper equal to his overall package.

To be fair, Schmeichel has had it very rough the last few years. He's had patches of brilliant form and also patches so bad that it's surprising they've stuck with him. At times I think his leadership ability is all that's keeping him in their XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.