31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having made 60 saves (ranked 20th in the PL) compared with the 76 from fewer games that the other joint winner had. He gets a chance at the golden glove every year in huge part because of the team he plays behind.
He faces the most big chances though because of the way we play, therefore his save percentage is going to suffer unless he pulls off lower percentage saves.

Having made 60 saves (ranked 20th in the PL) compared with the 76 from fewer games that the other joint winner had. He gets a chance at the golden glove every year in huge part because of the team he plays behind.
The same could be said about Alisson who is Ederson's rival.

It’s almost as if we’d scored our chances, we’d have won comfortably.

People turning on Ederson is mad.

Sectionable madness.
I meant to post your (very valid) point a few days ago. Had we taken a 3 goal lead to Madrid then the spotlight would not be shining on Ederson. We didn't and Ederson perhaps should have done better. Well he didn't, and now he's the scapegoat. Some blues haven't a fuckin' scooby, they really haven't : /

He faces the most big chances though because of the way we play, therefore his save percentage is going to suffer unless he pulls off lower percentage saves.
Again, I’m fully aware of that mate. I only make the point about the number of saves as a rebuttal to the “he just won the golden glove again”argument. I’m not a great keeper (although I played for Morecambe up to U-18) but I reckon that even at 40 I could have kept half a dozen clean sheets in the PL last season as Ederson didn’t face a shot on target in nearly 10 games.

Again, I’m fully aware of that mate. I only make the point about the number of saves as a rebuttal to the “he just won the golden glove again”argument. I’m not a great keeper (although I played for Morecambe up to U-18) but I reckon that even at 40 I could have kept half a dozen clean sheets in the PL last season as Ederson didn’t face a shot on target in nearly 10 games.
Fair enough and I can’t fault you logic, but it seems harsh to call out Ederson too much as he does make a difference in our side in ways other keepers can’t.

Fair enough and I can’t fault you logic, but it seems harsh to call out Ederson too much as he does make a difference in our side in ways other keepers can’t.
I can’t speak for anyone else on the forum obviously but I’m not calling him out. Just trying to call it as I see it and I’m quite sure Ederson would say he had disappointing season last season compared with his usual standards. Doesn’t mean he should go anywhere. I’ve mentioned before that I don’t think our GK coach is up to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.