31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he carries on gifting the opposition goals in semi-finals, Bazunu be fine.
One major mistake since he got here. Even Alisson ( who is meant to be the bestest keeper in the werld) has made a few major fuck ups during his time a Liverpool.

One goal more wow
Yes we conceded one goal more but had 16 shots on target to their 10.

As we are all aware, Ederson doesn’t often, if ever, make mega mistakes. He saves the easy ones and the ones he concedes tend to be ones where it’s possible to argue it wasn’t his fault.

The difference between Ederson and a ‘traditional’ great keeper is that a ‘traditional’ great keeper makes the special saves, Courtois made 3 saves in the CL final (and the studs save on Grealish) that he had to right to make. Any of those 4 goals go in and no one is blaming the keeper as they wouldn’t have been his fault. But that’s the difference, every now and again - and more regularly in the latter stages of the CL - your keeper usually has to get you out of the fire and make a save no one expects of him*. Liverpool and Madrid have both won the CL with their keeper getting man of the match in the final. Has one ever been awarded to Eddy in his 5 years at the club?

*That is unless you decide to smash 5 in at the other end every game. Hopefully we do that next year with our added firepower. (Or rely on amazing goal line clearances from defenders - of which I can remember at least three from recent seasons without remembering too many saves that made me go “fuck me, wow”.)

Anyway, it is what it is. I’ll add the usual caveats that I don’t want Ederson to leave City, I just want him to improve his shot stopping (to his own previous levels). I don’t think it’s outrageous to wish for players to improve, it’s kinda why they train every day.

Not really when our keeper just had meant to of had a bad season but ended up joint golden glove winner.
Having made 60 saves (ranked 20th in the PL) compared with the 76 from fewer games that the other joint winner had. He gets a chance at the golden glove every year in huge part because of the team he plays behind.

Yes we conceded one goal more but had 16 shots on target to their 10.

As we are all aware, Ederson doesn’t often, if ever, make mega mistakes. He saves the easy ones and the ones he concedes tend to be ones where it’s possible to argue it wasn’t his fault.

The difference between Ederson and a traditional great keeper is that a great keeper makes the special saves, Courtois made 3 saves in the CL final (and the studs save on Grealish) that he had to right to make. Any of those 4 goals go in and no one is blaming the keeper as they wouldn’t have been his fault. But that’s the difference, every now and again - and more regularly in the latter stages of the CL - your keeper usually has to get you out of the fire and make a save no one expects of him
. Liverpool and Madrid have both won the CL with their keeper getting man of the match. Has one ever been awarded to Eddy in his 5 years at the club?

*That is unless you decide to smash 5 in at the other end every game. Hopefully we do that next year with our added firepower. (Or rely on amazing goal line clearances from defenders - of which I can remember at least three from recent seasons without remembering too many saves that made me go “fuck me, wow”.)

Anyway, it is what it is. I’ll add the usual caveats that I don’t want Ederson to leave City, I just want him to improve his shot stopping (to his own previous levels).
He isn't perfect but we should give him to the next season to fully recover. He has shown that he is more than capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.