31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden glove again behind a makeshift defence for weeks , why are people tearing him to bits , he stopped four villa goals by sweeping which is what he does , really fucked off with people slagging him off, also best defence in the league , a lot down to him
He saved the least shots in the league. Quite often we’d concede with the first chances we give away. He’s not a game saving goalkeeper, he’s the sweeper keeper which he’s best at. If you can’t see his actual goalkeeping is average then you’re just blinkered. It would be an absolute crime if we conceded any more than we do considering how much of the ball we have.

He saved the least shots in the league. Quite often we’d concede with the first chances we give away. He’s not a game saving goalkeeper, he’s the sweeper keeper which he’s best at. If you can’t see his actual goalkeeping is average then you’re just blinkered. It would be an absolute crime if we conceded any more than we do considering how much of the ball we have.
Imagine he was Madrids keeper last night,a very different outcome.In truth they wouldn't even have reached the latter stages with him in goal.

He is unique in his talent,and we are unique in our play....fortunately we make an excellent marriage.

For context, how many games have you played in goal in a professional football team. Not being negative towards your opinion but it helps to know whether your "not slagging but..." observations are based on personal professional experience or just on watching videos like many of us. For a conversation the perspective of your comments is relevant.

If u must know I played my entire youth football through Manchester City’s academy before winning a scholarship to go to FSU as a goalkeeper. So yeah, I would say I’m well placed to have an opinion on the matter

If u must know I played my entire youth football through Manchester City’s academy before winning a scholarship to go to FSU as a goalkeeper. So yeah, I would say I’m well placed to have an opinion on the matter
Thanks, your reply adds context and is appreciated.

We can see why you didn’t make it then ;-)

No real clue why Ederson is being called out because Courtois had a worldie.

Has Ederson made a mistake this season? I can’t think of one.

Using your honed abilities, what do you think it is about Ederson’s positioning/movement/diving strategy that isn’t right?

Bazunu is an incredible young talent. He should be challenging Ederson for the no1 very soon I think.
I think Ederson is the best in terms of distribution and rushing out, but his close range shot stopping isn’t the best.
header v Madrid? Two late shots/two goals. Villas first attempt it seemed like.. goal.

Bazunu has to get past Zack Steffan first before he can challenge Ederson. Not any easy task and that will take a couple of seasons.

Bazunu has to get past Zack Steffan first before he can challenge Ederson. Not any easy task and that will take a couple of seasons.
Steffan worries me with the ball at his feet

Love the style pep has for us....but I'm not comfortable with Ederson saving shots but I'm also not comfortable having any other goalie but him to play it out how we like it

It's a tough one

Steffan worries me with the ball at his feet

Love the style pep has for us....but I'm not comfortable with Ederson saving shots but I'm also not comfortable having any other goalie but him to play it out how we like it

It's a tough one
Up until that mistake vs Liverpool Zack did good enough job who helped us win the Carabao cup. Bazanu is coming back from a having a decent season in League 1. A bigger gap and too much at his age. Even with his caps Bazanu is better off getting a move in a higher division or abroad (Bundesliga would be ideal)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.