31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson is such a strange one. He is an average goalkeeper when it comes to shot stopping but the other aspects of his game are fantastic. I need to see the goal again, only saw it live, but it didn’t look right.
I once played against Harry Dowd who must have been in his mid/late 40's by then and Harry moved at the speed of light compared to fat eddie.

Don't think benching Eddy for a game would be the worst thing.. Let him know that he needs to be better.
I think this is a good solution. He hasn’t improved at all since years, and maybe he is too complacent. Also Steffens has improved his passing. He will never be Ederson, but it would be interesting to see how we would fare with him for 3-4 games,

I actually think Ederson needs a kick up the backside after games like these, he's not making the match winning saves we sometimes need. Bringing Stefan in for some games more often might be what is required. He's a reliable keeper on the shot stopping and perhaps deserves some more minutes himself.

I was so disappointed he didn’t ping the long ball to Foden in the second half. We know he can find players in space and Foden was constantly trying to make the run.

Eerson is such a strange one. He is an average goalkeeper when it comes to shot stopping but the other aspects of his game are fantastic. I need to see the goal again, only saw it live, but it didn’t look right.
He really should have saved it. Zaha bobbled the shot. He looks so cool all the time but I wonder if there is some complacency there?
The team, as we have seen, does not always play well all of the time and it's then you need a solid keeper who will get you out of the shit. And today he left us on the back foot

Just looked at the Zaha goal and his starting position is all wrong , a goal you would expect a top class keeper to save, Steffen is a better shot stopper (apart from penalties :) but ederson's distribution is far superior and that gets him the nod in a Pep team.
But Ederson is still relatively young for a keeper and not in his prime , so he has loads of potential to become the finished article.

First goal is one of those that looks like he should be saving it but there's little more he could have actually done. you have to remember ederson never ever has the advantage of starting from his line, he's on the edge of his box when we lose it (nder peps instructions before somebody says he shouldn't be) and so he has to quickly adjust and narrow from a none ideal start, his angles were fine, zahas just hit it early and the miscue has gone in his favour, if he hits that cleanly ederson probably saves it. Have they been saved before? Yeah, would you expect your keeper to save it, No.

When someone says he's not making match winning saves for us, it's the same as saying kdb isnt banging in one from 40 yards every game or foden isn't dribbling past 6 players and scoring a solo goal every game. There's no issue with Edersons form. I like steffen, but the calls for him to start are utterly mental.

God help this place when he actually makes a costly error.

First goal is one of those that looks like he should be saving it but there's little more he could have actually done. you have to remember ederson never ever has the advantage of starting from his line, he's on the edge of his box when we lose it (nder peps instructions before somebody says he shouldn't be) and so he has to quickly adjust and narrow from a none ideal start, his angles were fine, zahas just hit it early and the miscue has gone in his favour, if he hits that cleanly ederson probably saves it. Have they been saved before? Yeah, would you expect your keeper to save it, No.

When someone says he's not making match winning saves for us, it's the same as saying kdb isnt banging in one from 40 yards every game or foden isn't dribbling past 6 players and scoring a solo goal every game. There's no issue with Edersons form. I like steffen, but the calls for him to start are utterly mental.

God help this place when he actually makes a costly error.
agreed.

Idk shite about goalkeeping position so maybe he was a step wide, but that shot was just so....awkward. Rodri could have done a better job of closing down on Zaha as well.

Clean sheets are one of the most misleading statistics. Excellent or poor defending contributes heavily to these statistics. They are meant to show that football appreciates goal keepers as well. Ederson is excellent at distributions with his feet and hands, and average at stopping goals. I wonder if there are statistics on what percentage of goals he stops if the ball is not directly aimed at his body. That is more meaningful and relevant statistics. If Guardiola leaves tomorrow, I won’t be surprised that Ederson will leave too; perhaps to follow him.

They’re a stat for Fantasy Football players which is why Ederson is my keeper.

They should never be brought into a serious discussion when evaluating a goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.