31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
First goal is one of those that looks like he should be saving it but there's little more he could have actually done. you have to remember ederson never ever has the advantage of starting from his line, he's on the edge of his box when we lose it (nder peps instructions before somebody says he shouldn't be) and so he has to quickly adjust and narrow from a none ideal start, his angles were fine, zahas just hit it early and the miscue has gone in his favour, if he hits that cleanly ederson probably saves it. Have they been saved before? Yeah, would you expect your keeper to save it, No.

When someone says he's not making match winning saves for us, it's the same as saying kdb isnt banging in one from 40 yards every game or foden isn't dribbling past 6 players and scoring a solo goal every game. There's no issue with Edersons form. I like steffen, but the calls for him to start are utterly mental.

God help this place when he actually makes a costly error.
I respectfully disagree. By the time Zaha mishits his shot, Ederson is set. I was in CB1, right behind the shot. I was amazed to see him not save it (I thought he would have caught it, not even parry). Watching it back on the highlights it doesn’t get any better. Really poor goalkeeping.

I would be in favour of starting Steffen on Wednesday.

He’s the best goalkeeper for us in that he’s top with the ball at his feet and we’ll win and dominate most matches we play so he’s a great fit in getting involved with how we approach our games.

Truth me told though, he’s average at best in terms of shot stopping. Most one on ones seem to be a goal unless he gets to the ball first and anything either side of him has a good chance of going in.

Like I said though, we can just about life with this because in most games we dominate and don’t give away many chances so we make the best of his abilities.

Last edited:
Average shot stopper who just happens to be good with his feet that suits our play.
But he is beaten far too often, must be a high percentage of shots on targets results in goals against us.
Average shop stopper compared to the premier league or just the population of the UK as a whole? He can not push off and his “dive” results in his legs landing where they were initially - in other words he doesn’t propel himself towards the ball (also why dive “so high” when the ball is going along the ground?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.