31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha you been on the Dias thread yet? Can’t keep up with your positivity with our players!
Hahah I’m done for the day now. We’d all struggle to find many positives today!

Gonna have a beer and hopefully enjoy the shite getting a beating.

Ederson is such a strange one. He is an average goalkeeper when it comes to shot stopping but the other aspects of his game are fantastic. I need to see the goal again, only saw it live, but it didn’t look right.

Steffen is the better keeper,Edersons ability with his feet are better for our style of play.
Put him in a mid table team,without a stingy defence like ours,and those clean sheets at the top of the page would soon start to vanish.

Don't think benching Eddy for a game would be the worst thing.. Let him know that he needs to be better.

Remember when it was scary a player taking a shot at Bravo? It’s getting like that now with Ederson. Other end of the pitch and haven’t rewatched it but the first goal seemed to trickle in. Zaha’s weak foot and was only going in one spot, should be saved.

He’s unrivalled with his feet. Fine. But he needs to be a better shot stopper at the moment too.

odd80kxdx0w71.jpg
Clean sheets are one of the most misleading statistics. Excellent or poor defending contributes heavily to these statistics. They are meant to show that football appreciates goal keepers as well. Ederson is excellent at distributions with his feet and hands, and average at stopping goals. I wonder if there are statistics on what percentage of goals he stops if the ball is not directly aimed at his body. That is more meaningful and relevant statistics. If Guardiola leaves tomorrow, I won’t be surprised that Ederson will leave too; perhaps to follow him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.