31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see how anyone can doubt he should save the Zaha goal. And like many I don’t think he is a great shot stopper but in this team with the few goals we concede probably doesn’t need to be. Am sure I heard a stat we have conceded from 50% of shots on target this season but sure I’ve probably misheard.

Don’t see how anyone can doubt he should save the Zaha goal. And like many I don’t think he is a great shot stopper but in this team with the few goals we concede probably doesn’t need to be. Am sure I heard a stat we have conceded from 50% of shots on target this season but sure I’ve probably misheard.
It's a stat. that proves nothing. The nature of the goals are the only things that are relevant in judging the keeper. A tap in, a 35yard screamer, a deflection, in off a post, through a crowded area, one on one etc can all be shots on target, whether the shots on target are saveable is unique to each particular incident and rarely comparable for statistical value.

I’ve seen some eejits blaming him for the Bruges goal. Wow. Jesus.
Hopefully they watched it back.
Of all the people at fault for that goal there are six or seven others before you even get to the guy who made a really good save 10secs beforehand.
Eddie seems to be the new scapegoat on here. Fuck the haters, I love the guy and he wins mega amounts of titles and trophies. Check his record.
A born winner, unlike most of his critics

I’ve seen some eejits blaming him for the Bruges goal. Wow. Jesus.
Hopefully they watched it back.
Of all the people at fault for that goal there are six or seven others before you even get to the guy who made a really good save 10secs beforehand.
Eddie seems to be the new scapegoat on here. Fuck the haters, I love the guy and he wins mega amounts of titles and trophies. Check his record.
A born winner, unlike most of his critics

He’s been in a passenger in the dominant team of the Premier League over the past 5 years; it’s in the Champions League where he’s been regularly tested and found out - if we had another keeper who’s more reliable in making saves, we might have added a couple of European Cups to the ‘titles and trophies’ we’ve won in that time. If you can’t get your head around that, consider changing your name to ShortsightM13.

He’s not a new scapegoat, it’s just his default level is only now being scrutinised because there are two other very good teams in the league, making every point crucial, plus we aren’t scoring a shitload of goals to paper over the goalkeeping cracks that have always been there anymore.

Overall I think his levels have dropped from where they were a couple of years ago but he's still a class goalie that I trust when I see his name on the teamsheet.

Yep should have saved that and there was no need for the rugby tackle penalty either. Can’t fault his distribution though.

He’s been in a passenger in the dominant team of the Premier League over the past 5 years

He's been a mainstay in the most successful period of our history within domestic football.

it’s in the Champions League where he’s been regularly tested and found out

Oh thanks for reminding me. He's also been a mainstay in our most successful period in history on the European stage.

Some of you have have lost all sense of perspective.

He’s been in a passenger in the dominant team of the Premier League over the past 5 years; it’s in the Champions League where he’s been regularly tested and found out - if we had another keeper who’s more reliable in making saves, we might have added a couple of European Cups to the ‘titles and trophies’ we’ve won in that time. If you can’t get your head around that, consider changing your name to ShortsightM13.

He’s not a new scapegoat, it’s just his default level is only now being scrutinised because there are two other very good teams in the league, making every point crucial, plus we aren’t scoring a shitload of goals to paper over the goalkeeping cracks that have always been there anymore.
Bollocks

Oh dear. Alongside Walker he is probably the most valuable player in the team. We play the way we do because of his ability with the ball at his feet. I loved Joe but he wouldn’t last more than a couple of games playing in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.