31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we have to think about upgrading our GK if we really want to win the CL?

Ederson is fine for most PL games, he's the world's best distributor for a GK.

Where we come unstuck Is against the sides with higher levels of finishing like in the latter stages of the CL. Courtois kept RM in the game last night. IMO if you had swapped only the 2 goalies we would have gone through. Even if we had got the equaliser and taken it to penalties, I would have been dreading the shootout, his penalty saving record is below standard for a top keeper.

I thought if Ederson had faster reactions he should have moved to anticipate their first goal and prevent it, he waited and let them move to it. The second goal would probably have gone in with most GKs, but they would not have been on the front foot without letting them in for the softer first.

(I came across this:
"CL games when we were eliminated
2017 - 2 goals conceded in 8 minutes
2018- 3 goals conceded in 19 minutes
2019- 2 goals conceded in 3 minutes
2020- 2 goals conceded in 8 minutes
2022- 3 goals conceded in 6 minutes")

He doesn't need shipping out.

He needs competition, someone to push him for a starting place.

Also needs more mobile defensive midfielders in front of him and a fullback to rotate with Walker and a new left back.

Stop Madrid cutting through the midfield with ease and stop the crosses coming in and no one would be talking about Ederson.
Because he wouldn't have to make any saves?

Agree that he needs pushing and that those other things should happen too, but too many times when we need him to make a save he doesn't even bother diving, he's beaten without trying, his reaction isn't to throw himself. He shouldn't need extra pushing by a backup keeper in order to do that.

Stop Madrid cutting through the midfield with ease and stop the crosses coming in and no one would be talking about Ederson.
Which we had done well throughout the game but Pep decided to take Gabby, Kevin and FFS off with one eye on weekend which lost the shape. Jack, Ilkay and Fern will never track back as effectively.

I wonder if we have to think about upgrading our GK if we really want to win the CL?

Where we come unstuck Is against the sides with higher levels of finishing like in the latter stages of the CL. Courtois kept RM in the game last night. IMO if you had swapped only the 2 goalies we would have gone through. Even if we had got the equaliser and taken it to penalties, I would have been dreading the shootout, his penalty saving record is below standard for a top keeper.

I thought if Ederson had faster reactions he should have moved to anticipate their first goal and prevent it, he waited and let them move to it. The second goal would probably have gone in with most GKs, but they would not have been on the front foot without letting them in for the softer first.

(I came across this:
It would be unfair to blame ederson completely pep and txixi made a decision to trade off some of the actually goal keeping ability for distribution. You could argue they have done the same with the fullback positions and having false 9's.

Whether these are the correct decisions is debatable.

It would be unfair to blame ederson completely pep and txixi made a decision to trade off some of the actually goal keeping ability for distribution. You could argue they have done the same with the fullback positions and having false 9's.

Whether these are the correct decisions is debatable.
That's a fair comment, I have been saying the same about Ederson for many seasons. Until we find a great keeper with exceptional distribution, I suppose we will stick with Ederson. It will be interesting to see how the young Bazunu develops?

(I came across this:
Depressing

If Bazunu is as good as we think he is, time to give him some action. Klopp has given Kelleher time and it keeps Alisson on his toes. De Gea has Henderson on his toes. Steffen is no threat to Eddie.

He really should do better for the first goal. He could get out and collect the cross or get in front of Rodrygo.

I think something needs to change with him, Liverpool at home he completely fucks up with Jota's goal, Watford at home. These are all recent examples.

It's great distributing well from the back but his shot stopping affords the team no mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.