31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s common consensus that his shot stopping isn’t the best but his footwork makes up for it but even that feels like it’s not on par with what it once was.

Maybe I’m expecting more from him and the ‘norm’ for him is so much higher than the rest and I’m used to it but it doesn’t seem to get us out of the shit as much is it used to…

Last edited:
People who want rid of him do realise there is a big trade-off to be considered, right? It isn't as simple as "Eddie doesn't make saves, we can do better, get rid".

Put someone like De Gea in this side and he will make more saves than Eddie. I doubt anyone would argue that. Come a CL Semi or Final, he may make a wonder save that Eddie wouldn't make that wins us the tie. Fantastic, but its one game.

What happens for the other 95% of the season, in those games that Eddie is sat twiddling his thumbs apart from helping us build play? De Gea in these games would be fumbling around, knocking the ball out of play and probably costing us the odd goal with misplaced passes. Not only that, our build up play from the back would have to change completely.

I know we can go out and buy a better shot-stopper but the only keeper I have seen that could come into this side and do an ok job on the football side, and is also a better shot-stopper is Alison and he won't be coming here. Everyone else brings their own problems that I would almost guarantee would have people moaning within a few games.

None of this even takes into account that there are much more pressing needs in this side than replacing the keeper.

Yeah let’s get a goalie who hoofs it you watch the speed of that goal no goalie would stopped it.

All those trophies we won is because of our system if fans can’t see that now they never will.
It's the first goal I'm talking of not the second.
No goalie saves that one .
Mind you he was ably and abetted by Cancelo.

If that includes kneeling and waiting with his arms open for the ball to arrive whilst the striker nips in and sticks it in the net setting off a chain reaction that leads to a full meltdown than I'd rather he didn't make us tick
You must be absolutely buzzing after last night.

It’s common consensus that his shot stopping isn’t the best but his footwork makes up for it but even that feels like it’s not on par with what it once was.

Maybe I’m expecting more from him and the ‘norm’ for him is so much higher than the rest and I’m used to it but it doesn’t seem to get us out of the shit as much is it used to…

I feel when he joined he made a massive difference. Teams tried to get to him but he always coped and his range of passing was a proper weapon. Now teams watch out for it, so it doesn't seem quite as advantageous as it once was.

Most younger keepers are decent with their feet now and I'm sure there must be others who are 80% as good on the ball but that bit better as shot-stopping. I'd take that.

You must be absolutely buzzing after last night.
Oh don't be such an ass.
I'm fucking gutted like any true City fan would be. Sure I've always been a glass half empty man but anyone taking any positives from last night aren't being honest with themselves.
For it to be thrown away in that fashion only adds to the pain.
We have too many chicken hearted players now.
Walker and Bernardo set a fine example last night and didn't deserve to be on the losing team.
Could you say the same of Cancelo ,Ederson and Dias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.