31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree, however last night their wasn’t much build up just hoof ball. He needs real competition not Stefan.
It is almost impossible to get the competition you are referring to. Nobody who is already of a level to compete with Eddie is coming to the club to compete with Eddie. The only way it happens is if a youngster comes out of nowhere and takes his place, much like the Hart v Given scenario. The chances of Pep promoting a youngster to number 1 over Eddie are zero.

IMO the only semi-realistic scenario where Pep thinks about making a change, is if Eddie all of a sudden loses his ability to play out from the back.

It is almost impossible to get the competition you are referring to. Nobody who is already of a level to compete with Eddie is coming to the club to compete with Eddie. The only way it happens is if a youngster comes out of nowhere and takes his place, much like the Hart v Given scenario. The chances of Pep promoting a youngster to number 1 over Eddie are zero.

IMO the only semi-realistic scenario where Pep thinks about making a change, is if Eddie all of a sudden loses his ability to play out from the back.

Agree. What I'd like and what Pep wants are likely very different.

However, the one thing I'd like is for Pep to view pre-season training with fresh eyes and no preconceptions. There is a chance that Bazunu could perform brilliantly in training - but even if he does, we know Pep will still likely send him out on loan. If he performs brilliantly, he should be around the first team to put pressure on Ederson.

Admit I'm not totally sure how good he is, but would hope that if someone does it in training then that should count for something.

Agree. What I'd like and what Pep wants are likely very different.

However, the one thing I'd like is for Pep to view pre-season training with fresh eyes and no preconceptions. There is a chance that Bazunu could perform brilliantly in training - but even if he does, we know Pep will still likely send him out on loan. If he performs brilliantly, he should be around the first team to put pressure on Ederson.

Admit I'm not totally sure how good he is, but would hope that if someone does it in training then that should count for something.
If Bazunu is all he is cracked up to be he should be our number 2 next season. He's selected for the domestic cup games and gets the chance to shows us what he can do. Whether or not he can put enough pressure on Eddie is an unknown, but its the only possible way to force the change some fans are after because I don't see any scenario where we go an buy a new number 1 this Summer.

It's the first goal I'm talking of not the second.
No goalie saves that one .
Mind you he was ably and abetted by Cancelo.
Ederson was totally passive and not switched on for their first. He should have been moving to collect the ball but instead was just waiting for it to arrive as you stated.

It was a huge and entirely preventable error.

Ederson was totally passive and not switched on for their first. He should have been moving to collect the ball but instead was just waiting for it to arrive as you stated.

Just watched it again and agree. He should have gone to collect, rather than wait. Split seconds are all an attacker needs

We'd be asking why he didn't stay on his line when it still whips past him. Never getting it.

Never a world class keeper. Plays well with his feet but can never be relied upon to pull off world class saves. We are never going to win CL with him.

Everything goes in with him. Needs shipping out.

He doesn't need shipping out.

He needs competition, someone to push him for a starting place.

Also needs more mobile defensive midfielders in front of him and a fullback to rotate with Walker and a new left back.

Stop Madrid cutting through the midfield with ease and stop the crosses coming in and no one would be talking about Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.