31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there are some stats for this somewhere with regards to Xg and so on.
I have that too but it confuses me, I’m guessing -1.3 over nearly a season though is about par.

Expected goals against minus total goals conceded
Liverpool: +5.0
Man City: -1.3

Pretty much the same as Alison, but slightly better save percentage.
Almost like he’s a very good keeper as well as great distribution.
Clean sheets
Liverpool: 20
Man City: 19

Shots on target allowed
Liverpool: 89
Man City: 74

Total saves
Liverpool: 66
Man City: 52

Saves percentage
Liverpool: 73%
Man City: 75.3%

Screenshot_20220505-201747_Samsung Internet.jpg

Champions League relies on individual brilliance. Against the top sides itw you're not going to control them for 90 minutes and not concede chances. Having Ederson in net is a huge negative. The Spurs games, Lyon game, Dortmund game (huge error and lucky Bellingham's goal was ruled out) and now conceding 6 to Madrid is just ridiculous. We have a GK that we absolutely cannot rely on to bail us out ever.

I've been reading posts on Ederson with interest, not just post Madrid game, for a while now. Talk about going from hero to zero, really? Some of the shit written about him is clueless nonsense, shameful : /

Ok, his shot stopping IS suspect, no question there and he's terrible at saving penalties, has he ever saved one? If so i can't recall one.

But what about all the times he's saved us conceding? He commands his box well and is good in the air. He's also good at snuffing out danger, especially on counter attacks when he's raced out of his box to clear the ball from danger, and he's done that many times. He is courageous yet calm, too calm sometimes which has almost cost us.

All keepers have their weaknesses and Ederson is no exception but those wanting him out are probably just looking for another scapegoat to blame. He's saved us a lot more than he's cost us and I'm still confident he will improve his shot stopping and prove the doubters wrong.

Some fair points, but I don't think he's going to suddenly improve his shot-stopping, it would have happened by now. He is what he is.

And just like for the rest of the team, we should always be checking if there is anyone better available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.