31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last few minutes Ederson had three attempts to stop. The first they scored and maybe he could have done better. The second he had absolutely zero chance of getting anywhere close. The third he made an excellent save with his legs. I doubt many keepers would have done any better than concede two of those chances.

To all the Ederson knockers, sorry but i doubt he's going anywhere else soon.

It's ok highliting his errors but you'd have to be blind not to see how many times he's saved us which far outweigh his blunders btw. He's an integral to our game and how we play and a keeper many blues are happy with. His song gets sung for good reason of appreciation.

"He's Ederson."
I don't particulatly rate him as a goalkeeper, but you're absolutely correct when you say he's integral to our (Pep's) game.
That's exactly why he won't be going anywhere else!

In the last few minutes Ederson had three attempts to stop. The first they scored and maybe he could have done better. The second he had absolutely zero chance of getting anywhere close. The third he made an excellent save with his legs. I doubt many keepers would have done any better than concede two of those chances.
The key one was the first one which he should have dived upon and saved. That goal changed the momentum of the whole game. Save that and we're through.

I don't particulatly rate him as a goalkeeper, but you're absolutely correct when you say he's integral to our (Pep's) game.
That's exactly why he won't be going anywhere else!

This is the conundrum, he's 'Integral' to our game. And this is something Pep needs to analyse. Do we need to change our game slightly? Edersons kicking in the Real Madrid games wasnt great, in the big games shot stopping and commanding your area are more important.

There's a reason Allison is Brazil's number 1 keeper.

The key one was the first one which he should have dived upon and saved. That goal changed the momentum of the whole game. Save that and we're through.
Exactly, pull out the big saves when it actually matters.

Grealish could have made it 2-0 on the night and we would have been through. But Courtois was there and pulled off a big save when it was actually easier for Grealish to score.

In the whole tie, when it really mattered did Ederson even get close to making a game winning save? Madrid scored 6 goals including the Pens, did Ederson get a fingertip or a toe to any of them?

This is the conundrum, he's 'Integral' to our game. And this is something Pep needs to analyse. Do we need to change our game slightly? Edersons kicking in the Real Madrid games wasnt great, in the big games shot stopping and commanding your area are more important.

Exactly.

I find it amusing that Southgate plays Pickford in an obvious attempt to mimic Pep's tactical approach. Ramsdale and Pope are far better goalkeepers imo.

Ederson benefits massively from our dominant possession stats.

Exactly, pull out the big saves when it actually matters.

Grealish could have made it 2-0 on the night and we would have been through. But Courtois was there and pulled off a big save when it was actually easier for Grealish to score.

In the whole tie, when it really mattered did Ederson even get close to making a game winning save? Madrid scored 6 goals including the Pens, did Ederson get a fingertip or a toe to any of them?
Great summary mate

Very little between them keeping wise ats the stats prove, however much a few odd balls try to ignore them.

Exactly.

I find it amusing that Southgate plays Pickford in an obvious attempt to mimic Pep's tactical approach. Ramsdale and Pope are far better goalkeepers imo.

Ederson benefits massively from our dominant possession stats.
Yes spot on, Our possession is our biggest defensive attribute, and we've seen in recent games that top teams like to keep possession too, wow who saw that coming!!

So it begs the question, what happens when we come under immense pressure in games? Can we rely on Ederson? Two shots on target in 90minutes both resulting in goals, how???? It's becoming a recurring theme and there's one constant variable.

You mentioned Pope and Ramsdale I think they would have been great back up keepers for City, Ederson needs to be kept on his toes, Steffen is an MLS standard keeper hes not a threat to Eddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.