31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson seems like a lovely guy with a great personality, he's part of the reasons for our recent success. However he is an awful shot stopper and it's costing us in big games.

He doesnt even attempt to jump/move for shots, the Rodrygo header was in the middle of the goal right above his shoulder. He waited for the Benzema cross to fall into his arms instead of going to the ball, if he had gone to the ball even if Rodrygo got to the ball first the angle to score would have been blocked.

Sentiment will not help us, Ederson has to be replaced as our 1st choice goalkeeper. A keepers main duty is last line of defence not first line of attack.

The issue is what Goalkeepers are available that can play with their feet and are actually primarily good goalkeepers. Ter-Stegen? Neuer?

Ederson seems like a lovely guy with a great personality, he's part of the reasons for our recent success. However he is an awful shot stopper and it's costing us in big games.

He doesnt even attempt to jump/move for shots, the Rodrygo header was in the middle of the goal right above his shoulder. He waited for the Benzema cross to fall into his arms instead of going to the ball, if he had gone to the ball even if Rodrygo got to the ball first the angle to score would have been blocked.

Sentiment will not help us, Ederson has to be replaced as our 1st choice goalkeeper. A keepers main duty is last line of defence not first line of attack.

The issue is what Goalkeepers are available that can play with their feet and are actually primarily good goalkeepers. Ter-Stegen? Neuer?

I would take 3 pieces of poo and plait them together if Pep replaced Ederson, its not going to happen.

He is what he is, a flying netter who doesnt seem to save much.

The new scapegoat then it seems. He was even get blamed for Benzemas goal last week, a shot which hit the post and went in!

If we have strikers who don’t score they will get criticised. Just as a goalkeeper who rarely saves shots. Hope that helps. Love his character and distribution. As a last line of defence, he’s woeful

I would take 3 pieces of poo and plait them together if Pep replaced Ederson, its not going to happen.

He is what he is, a flying netter who doesnt seem to save much.
I think your right because Ederson is not improving and hes still starting, theres not even a murmor of another top GK coming in.

Reactions: TFC
I think your right because Ederson is not improving and hes still starting, theres not even a murmor of another top GK coming in.

He has his faults but I reckon 90% of City fans are happy we have Ederson. Out of interest; which keepers do you think we should be targeting?

He has his faults but I reckon 90% of City fans are happy we have Ederson. Out of interest; which keepers do you think we should be targeting?
I think the percentage is much lower than that, a lot of fans are fed up because his performances are costing us in big games and are becoming more apparent.

To answer your question, I have no idea which goalkeepers we should be targeting, but I hope the scouting team behind the scenes have a few potential prospects. None of us knew who Ederson was before we signed him.

However I do think who ever we bring in (Unless it's Manuel Neuer or Ter-Stegen) will not have the same distribution level of Ederson and I'm actually ok with that. I'd much rather have a Mendy or Allison who's kicking are average but shot stopping is excellent.

To all the Ederson knockers, sorry but i doubt he's going anywhere else soon.

It's ok highliting his errors but you'd have to be blind not to see how many times he's saved us which far outweigh his blunders btw. He's an integral to our game and how we play and a keeper many blues are happy with. His song gets sung for good reason of appreciation.

"He's Ederson."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.