31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Eddie but there's no doubt his shot stopping isn't great. Would take Hart in a one-on-one all day long, and I never really hold out any hope with penalties. I don't think there's anyone better on his feet though, and distribution is always superb.

I love Eddie but there's no doubt his shot stopping isn't great. Would take Hart in a one-on-one all day long, and I never really hold out any hope with penalties. I don't think there's anyone better on his feet though, and distribution is always superb.
if it was only the shot stopping.. decision making and positioning are very questionable also. wouldnt mind giving ortega a run of games but it won't happen. we are not in a great mental state at the moment anywhere on the pitch. need to be ruthless again.

if it was only the shot stopping.. decision making and positioning are very questionable also. wouldnt mind giving ortega a run of games but it won't happen. we are not in a great mental state at the moment anywhere on the pitch. need to be ruthless again.

Id add influence/leadership too.

He doesn't seem very vocal or authoritative and just looks a bit too casual in his demeanour.I'm not convinced he instills confidence in the defence,although in fairness the constant tinkering will hardly help with that.

Here you go mate. Statistically, over the past 5 seasons, there’s very little difference between any of them from a shot stopping or passing perspective

https://fbref.com/tiny/S9COi

You wonder why City fans will stick up for one of their own & defend a player who has won numerous titles & cups whilst playing?

I wonder why a supposed City supporter can’t support one of our own & why they would use stats from half a season to slag him off, a season where the whole team’s performances have dropped, instead of using a reasonable data range of say, 5 years?

If you’re saying his form has dropped, I don’t think anyone would disagree, if you’re saying he’s shit & always has been, you need to go take your head for a wobble mate
What a player did 4 years ago is meaningless in the present or you would have Silva starting in our team still. What matters is form. Half the season is more than 30 games, if after 30 games Ederson is in bottom 20% of GK in Europe, then supporting him starting is not supporting the club. Sterling had horrendous year and a half, and I guess you would say support him instead of selling him right? Ederson is just the same. I didn't talk about 4 years ago (although the big stat is xG saved, not %save, and again you can see Ederson is the worst of the bunch.

If you include last season (is the last 100 matches significant to you and still to small of a sample), he is the worst by a significant amount in saves, xG conceded and any statistic that matters. Last season he is in the bottom half of Europe, while Curtouis, Donnaruma Alisson are all in top 10% again. Even Ederson at his best has never ever been close to being an elite shot-stopper. And actually his passing this year (including both short, medium and long range) is similar and even inferior to Neuer and Ter Stegen for example.

Once a player is on the field you support them, and if they are in a bad patch, you support them still, but you expect them to be in the bench and give them some opportunities to regain form (like Mahrez starting this season). Just answer me this, what needs to happen for Ederson to be benched? Or are you gonna suppport him startig even if he continue being in the bottom 20% of Europe?

Shouldn't we apply the same standards when more often than not the goals conceded are down to a total meltdown in defence leaving the opposition with an easy shot.
That's why you have the stat xG (not perfect but it's te closest) that considers how hard a shot is. Ederson is in the bottom 20% of Europe this season and in the bottom 40% last season of the 5 big European leagues.

That's why you have the stat xG (not perfect but it's te closest) that considers how hard a shot is. Ederson is in the bottom 20% of Europe this season and in the bottom 40% last season of the 5 big European leagues.
Like you said, not perfect, although I'd listen to that argument before I'd bother with the 1 shot, 1 goal nonsense.

We're not a side that allows lots of low percentage shots.he also plays that sweeper role very well (albeit with a couple of noticeable exceptions) which for mecan be just as important than saving a shot from distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.