31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are talking. He's a mediocre shot-stopper. I have watched plenty of highlights to compare them to Ederson and I feel confident with what I say, have you? So yeah that is subjective, BUT this season he is in the bottom 20% and last season in the bottom 40%. That is not an opinion, that is a fact based on stats.

Of course, our scout team is great, and Ederson was a wonderful player for our team because of the way we need to play. Even when he is average at shot-stopping, I would never change him for 99% GK when he was at his normal levels 2-4 years ago, but he has been in a super low level (and dropping as time goes by more and more) for a year and a half. I want him gone because I think it is the best for City, not because I hate Ederson. I'll be grateful for his impact in City, just as I was with Sterling (who just like Ederson was in a really low level for year and a half, and as you can see has not improved on Chelsea at all).
Yawn

The incredible Allison and Courtois SHOT STOPPING galore tonight
They are still better shot stoppers though.
The advantage Eddie has is that he is so good with his feet that there is no way he would concede those 2 goals.
Swings and roundabouts, I think?

In the last week, Donnarumma let in a howler under his dive, Martinez had one bounce off his back into the net and then went walkabout to allow an open-net goal, Courtois kneed it to Salah for a goal and Allison passed one into his own net off Vinicius…

Ederson isn’t perfect by any stretch but all goalkeepers make a lot of mistakes and let in goals they should save.

Ederson is no different to any of them. Although, he does actually make fewer big mistakes than many of the others who are supposed to be better shot stoppers than him.

The replacement list for the best keeper we could possibly have is being very quickly narrowed down by the day.

Donnarumma, Alisson (again) and Courtois all with high profile errors in the champions league last 16 already, who will the clueless idiots who want ederson out suggest next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.