31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you take the 100 games it will tell you Ederson makes less mistakes than virtually any of these supposed better replacements.
I agree. Ederson is one if not the least prone to mistakes (not so much this season, but he is still good on this). Can you people admit he is in the bottom 35% in shot-stopping in the last 100 games? And if you admit, do you want a GK that is literally below average, not compared to elite GK, but compare to any GK in the 5 biggest European leagues? That is the question.

The thing is, you think I am here hating Ederson, but I am far from that. I want the best for City and that's it. I would love to be wrong and I don't care if I am right or not, if someone else thinks I am an idiot or not, and I would love for Ederson to shut my mouth for the rest of the season. I enjoy arguing, and I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong if he suddenly improves his level. People take criticism on a player so personal and give so little data to back up their arguments because they engage emotionally too much about one player.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The performance of keepers for other clubs has no bearing on the matter.

I think your use of the word 'haters' is pretty juvenile btw. People don't have to dislike a player to have a negative opinion on their abilities.

He's good at what he's good at, but in other areas, his performance could be improved.
So with your ongoing campaign to single out our keeper for criticism, when you insist that it’s a team game and individuals shouldn’t be singled out.
Let’s change the fucking record. In your infinite wisdom who should be City’s keeper?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The performance of keepers for other clubs has no bearing on the matter.

I think your use of the word 'haters' is pretty juvenile btw. People don't have to dislike a player to have a negative opinion on their abilities.

He's good at what he's good at, but in other areas, his performance could be improved.

Spot on.

The thinking process behind bumping his thread because two other keepers made mistakes is bizarre.

This is happening everywhere. Look at the state of thread on reddit forum. People are taking Victory laps because some other gks made mistakes
still have to say it's ironic what happened yesterday. everyone has a mistake in them but it's not what people are ciritising in regards to ederson. it's the basic stuff he is missing.

So with your ongoing campaign to single out our keeper for criticism, when you insist that it’s a team game and individuals shouldn’t be singled out.
Let’s change the fucking record. In your infinite wisdom who should be City’s keeper?

I've not 'singled out' Ederson, and I've not claimed to have 'infinite wisdom'.

Anyone with any knowledge of coaching or having actually played the game, can see that Ederson's weak area is basic goalkeeping skills.

For example; he's a poor shot stopper, his positioning could be a lot better, and he doesn't dominate his six-yard box in dead ball situations.

Ederson and our goalkeeping coaches need to have regular long sessions on the basics to improve his all-round game.

We've got a perfectly capable second keeper in Ortega. He should be given a few games if only to make Ederson sit up and realise that he's not guaranteed first choice.

We have too many fans who jump to the defence of the indefensible. We all know that Ederson is ideal for Pep's style of play, but some (quite a few actually) seem to realise that he could be a lot better if he worked on the basics.

Criticism doesn't necessarily mean 'get rid', it can also mean 'get better'. That's what we should all want.

Anyone with any knowledge of coaching or having actually played the game, can see that Ederson's weak area is basic goalkeeping skills.

For example; he's a poor shot stopper, his positioning could be a lot better, and he doesn't dominate his six-yard box in dead ball situations.

Ederson and our goalkeeping coaches need to have regular long sessions on the basics to improve his all-round game.

We've got a perfectly capable second keeper in Ortega. He should be given a few games if only to make Ederson sit up and realise that he's not guaranteed first choice.

We have too many fans who jump to the defence of the indefensible. We all know that Ederson is ideal for Pep's style of play, but some (quite a few actually) seem to realise that he could be a lot better if he worked on the basics.

Criticism doesn't necessarily mean 'get rid', it can also mean 'get better'. That's what we should all want.
You’d go for Ortega over Ederson? I’m glad that Pep makes our team selection

Most of that is fair comment. However as soon as we concede now up pops the Ederson thread with clown comments and get rid comments, even on Saturday when he was nothing to do with it. Thats what gets peoples backs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.