31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be called a rag for this but not arsed.
De gea is miles better shot stopper than Ederson but I think there’s reasons for this.
Ederson hasn’t had to do many saves because we are so dominant in most games
8-10 times he has fuckall to do.
Undoubtably the best left foot in the game as a keeper but how many times has he needed to use that?
As for shot stopping yeh he’s ok but no better than most keepers in the league
De gea on the other hand with utd being so average is called upon many times in every game and has bailed them out countless times.
I do think as others have said the reluctance of our players showing for the ball hasn’t helped.

I wouldn't call you a rag. You'd have to blind not to see it. De Gea has been worth literally dozens of points to the rags over the years. He had a terrible season last year. I think that's what sticking in people's minds.

Had another careful look at that goal conceded on Wednesday. At first, to be honest, I thought, “Well, that's just a peach of a cross, nothing you can say about that.” But actually, Ed misjudges it. He starts to come to his near post, and then stops, when he realises his mistake. If he'd just taken a step back from where he was, or even stood his ground, maybe, he'd have had a fair chance of jumping for it and getting it.
I'm not getting on his case. He's still a very fine keeper, and his game actually suits the team's game (or the way Pep wants it to play), which ultimately is the most important thing. But he's not a top-level shot stopper.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call you a rag. You'd have to blind not to see it. De Gea has been worth literally dozens of points to the rags over the years. He had a terrible season last year. I think that's what sticking in people's minds.

Given that a large proportion of De Gea's saves seem not to involve his hands, it could be argued that he's actually better with his feet than Ederson...

I did say "could be argued"... I'll leave that to someone with even thicker skin than I have.

:-)

Given that a large proportion of De Gea's saves seem not to involve his hands, it could be argued that he's actually better with his feet than Ederson...

I did say "could be argued"... I'll leave that to someone with even thicker skin than I have.

:-)

Well, he's not better at passing than Ederson!

But choosing to take what you said seriously for a moment, he reminds me very much of Jennings in that respect. Jennings used to make a lot of saves by blocking with his legs. His timing on that was just perfect (except when Pete Barnes outthought him on it with that dink).

Well, he's not better at passing than Ederson!

But choosing to take what you said seriously for a moment, he reminds me very much of Jennings in that respect. Jennings used to make a lot of saves by blocking with his legs. His timing on that was just perfect (except when Pete Barnes outthought him on it with that dink).

I met Pat Jennings many years ago. Lovely bloke, massive hands, big intimidating fella. He would have been a fantastic goalkeeper in any generation.

Right up there with Neville Southall among my favourite non-City keepers.

Written by a rag or dipper no doubt , dipper probably as he compares to the dipper keeper, this thread has handed him the crap to put pressure on eddie

Jesus Kaz.

There are loads of professional statisticians out there who are producing very similar data to this. It's numbers stuck into a data model that then gives you how good keepers are doing at various areas of the game. It's not a fix. It doesn't matter who wrote it. People aren't doing it because they hate Ederson.

They tend to mention Alisson because for a couple of years he's shown as the best across the overall performance metric. Wouldn't be surprised if he's down a touch this season though.

We would all like Ed to be doing great, but there's nothing wrong with saying he could do better so far this season.

I’ll be called a rag for this but not arsed.
De gea is miles better shot stopper than Ederson but I think there’s reasons for this.
Ederson hasn’t had to do many saves because we are so dominant in most games
8-10 times he has fuckall to do.
Undoubtably the best left foot in the game as a keeper but how many times has he needed to use that?
As for shot stopping yeh he’s ok but no better than most keepers in the league
De gea on the other hand with utd being so average is called upon many times in every game and has bailed them out countless times.
I do think as others have said the reluctance of our players showing for the ball hasn’t helped.
De Gea has been absolutely shite for the last three seasons , hence why the Rags have no intention of renewing his contract unless he is willing to take a massive drop on his current salary.
Not sure why you would compare him to a Rag , Why ? Pickford is the bench mark in the Premier league not DeGea , Pickford's all round game including his distribution is excellent , he makes the odd clanger but ALL keepers do.
But i dont have an issue with Ederson , he is in the top half a dozen in europe , a lot on here will shoot me down , but when has Ederson cost us one of the really big games ? He's fearless , brave and the best in the league with his feet , the downside he is hot headed at times and does get caught cold when he has been a spectator for 95% of most games.
Having been a keeper for a quite a few years , freezing you balls off whilst watching the game 60 yards away from you must be a challenge for your concentration , unluckily the team i played for wasnt a Pep team and i was never out of the action for more than a few minutes because we were shite most of the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.