31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea has been absolutely shite for the last three seasons , hence why the Rags have no intention of renewing his contract unless he is willing to take a massive drop on his current salary.
Not sure why you would compare him to a Rag , Why ? Pickford is the bench mark in the Premier league not DeGea , Pickford's all round game including his distribution is excellent , he makes the odd clanger but ALL keepers do.
But i dont have an issue with Ederson , he is in the top half a dozen in europe , a lot on here will shoot me down , but when has Ederson cost us one of the really big games ? He's fearless , brave and the best in the league with his feet , the downside he is hot headed at times and does get caught cold when he has been a spectator for 95% of most games.
Having been a keeper for a quite a few years , freezing you balls off whilst watching the game 60 yards away from you must be a challenge for your concentration , unluckily the team i played for wasnt a Pep team and i was never out of the action for more than a few minutes because we were shite most of the time :)

Style-wise De Gea's pretty much the polar opposite of Ederson. He's a dying breed almost now though, hence not getting in the Spain squad even anymore - plus his performances have dropped off for a few seasons. I'd say he has managed to get some form back this season, but it's an area that united will be looking to improve and by getting a more proactive keeper they may be able to start playing out from the back a little.

That might weaken them a bit though, because they're built as a counter-attacking team and they'll need to adapt.

Know what you mean about it being a difficult job though. When the one shot on goal you get against you is a pretty decent chance you can end up without much chance to show what you can do and through no fault of your own. Wish we could stick with a consistent defensive line up for a while so that we might stop giving away some of the chances that are coming. We need to find some consistency soon.

Style-wise De Gea's pretty much the polar opposite of Ederson. He's a dying breed almost now though, hence not getting in the Spain squad even anymore - plus his performances have dropped off for a few seasons. I'd say he has managed to get some form back this season, but it's an area that united will be looking to improve and by getting a more proactive keeper they may be able to start playing out from the back a little.

That might weaken them a bit though, because they're built as a counter-attacking team and they'll need to adapt.

Know what you mean about it being a difficult job though. When the one shot on goal you get against you is a pretty decent chance you can end up without much chance to show what you can do and through no fault of your own. Wish we could stick with a consistent defensive line up for a while so that we might stop giving away some of the chances that are coming. We need to find some consistency soon.
Nail on the head , we change our defence in every single game, especially the centre backs , continuation and familiarity is vital for any back four , we have had neither this season.

Not sure why you would compare him to a Rag , Why ?
well because i dont really watch many games outside of city and unfortunately utd due to the fact im the only city fan in a family of 7 utd fans so get to watch the twats every week when im not working.
And that fucker bails em out so many times whether feet or hands.
yeh he makes blunders like most keepers but the number of times hes saved those fuckers from defeat gets on my tits.

De Gea has been absolutely shite for the last three seasons , hence why the Rags have no intention of renewing his contract unless he is willing to take a massive drop on his current salary.
Not sure why you would compare him to a Rag , Why ? Pickford is the bench mark in the Premier league not DeGea
DeGea has been superb since he came to the Premier league.
He has won club player of the year on several occasions. Obviously not as good as he was but this week I saw highlights of 2 of their matches and some of his saves were outstanding.
Peak DeGea is a level above Peak Pickford.

DeGea has been superb since he came to the Premier league.
He has won club player of the year on several occasions. Obviously not as good as he was but this week I saw highlights of 2 of their matches and some of his saves were outstanding.
Peak DeGea is a level above Peak Pickford.
Your right about DeGea currently his form is nowwhere near the form he showed three / four years ago ,or the Rags would be desperate to keep him ,and they are not .There are better keepers around now , Pope, Pickford , Raya , are currently better

well because i dont really watch many games outside of city and unfortunately utd due to the fact im the only city fan in a family of 7 utd fans so get to watch the twats every week when im not working.
And that fucker bails em out so many times whether feet or hands.
yeh he makes blunders like most keepers but the number of times hes saved those fuckers from defeat gets on my tits.
You need to get busy mate , mow the garden , paint your shed , take the dog for a walk , hedge trimming , sticking pins in your eyes , have to got to be better options than watching the Rags :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.