31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember something very similar happened vs Dortmund in our home in 20-21 season. He really needs to focus... Annoying as fuck..

Starting to get annoying, now. Problem with this guy is, if he's constantly in action, he's great. But he gets bored. And then he gets stupid. I suppose, and would hope, that Pep will have a word with him.

I don't think we've ever seen him 'constantly in action' at City.

When under pressure, particularly at corners, he fails to dominate his six yard box. Instead, he stands (invariably) flat-footed, leaves everything to the defenders, and hopes for the best.

On the odd occasions that he opts to punch the ball away, he rarely hits the ball cleanly, suggesting to me that he closes his eyes in the process.

He lacks the presence of a top goalkeeper and, in my opinion, looks like what he is; a frustrated midfield player who played 'fly goalie' as a kid.

You realise that this is an instruction right?

No it's not. Goalkeepers 'own' the six yard box. If he's actually being told to stay on his line, it's because he's either weak in the air, or not trusted by his coaches. It's what you advise an outfield player to do if they take the gloves after the keeper is sent off.

It's absolutely shocking coaching if he's playing to instructions.

Because it’s Ederson, it often just gets laughed off but when is he actually going to demonstrate that he’s learning when it comes to his decision making in those moments? He turns simple defensive actions into potential game-changing moments, and not in a good way.

No it's not. Goalkeepers 'own' the six yard box. If he's actually being told to stay on his line, it's because he's either weak in the air, or not trusted by his coaches. It's what you advise an outfield player to do if they take the gloves after the keeper is sent off.

It's absolutely shocking coaching if he's playing to instructions.
He is definitely not weak in the air. From a 30sec check, he has more "High Claims" and "Punches" than Alisson as an example this season.

Why would you need Ederson flying about in the box when the ball can be dealt with by defenders. The same way how we have zonal v man-marking defending on set pieces. Everyone knows their job and deals with what comes to their area.

Genuinely think the main issue is that he's just a bit stupid.

The decision making is constantly questionable, he dives the wrong way for pens all the time, his kicking recently hasn't adapted to the new inverted rightback, where most of his press beating outballs would go in the past. He always goes to ground far too early in 1v1s. And the amount of times his rushing out is poorly timed or just completely unnecessary is alarming.

Rarely do you come away from a game thinking he earned that cleansheet, they come because our team limit or completely cut out good chances for the opposition.

Most annoying thing though is he'll make a routine save and people that somehow rate him will post on the matchday thread "thought Eddie didn't make saves?" Or over exaggerate the save. Or even worse excuse his brainfarts or mistakes because he's a "nutter". He isn't, he's an idiot.

He is definitely not weak in the air. From a 30sec check, he has more "High Claims" and "Punches" than Alisson as an example this season.

Why would you need Ederson flying about in the box when the ball can be dealt with by defenders. The same way how we have zonal v man-marking defending on set pieces. Everyone knows their job and deals with what comes to their area.

Sorry mate, I know you think he's the bees knees but I honestly think he's simply fucking hopeless at the very basics of goalkeeping. An accident waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.