31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through a few of your last posts. Gems like these pop up "fucking hopeless at the very basics of goalkeeping."

I guess you have some sort of background in coaching professional goalkeepers which is why you can write such informative posts like that. They really do help teach us all.

So am I wrong?

His basics are hysterically poor. If he played for the rags we'd be taking the piss out of him every week.

The standard of goalkeeping coaching at City has always been high. We've had good back-up keepers and good lads through the academy.

Why Ederson is so poor at the simple things, I just can't understand. Pep trusting him doesn't make him a great, or even very good keeper.

So am I wrong?

His basics are hysterically poor. If he played for the rags we'd be taking the piss out of him every week.

The standard of goalkeeping coaching at City has always been high. We've had good back-up keepers and good lads through the academy.

Why Ederson is so poor at the simple things, I just can't understand. Pep trusting him doesn't make him a great, or even very good keeper.
Yes you are wrong.

Ederson has continued that standard, as all his personal and team accolades will show you.

So what does Peps trust tell you if it's not that he has confidence in Edersons ability as a footballer and as a person to deliver for his team.

He has never had a problem binning off players. So why hasn't he got rid of Ederson?

Yes you are wrong.

Ederson has continued that standard, as all his personal and team accolades will show you.

So what does Peps trust tell you if it's not that he has confidence in Edersons ability as a footballer and as a person to deliver for his team.

He has never had a problem binning off players. So why hasn't he got rid of Ederson?

Because his view of goalkeeping is that his goalkeeper is a sweeper/playmaker, and he puts a greater value on that than actually having a decent goalkeeper who commands his area and the defence.

Just because Pep breaks with convention doesn't mean he's right. A good goalkeeper makes a world of difference. If Ederson actually works on the basics, he could be one of the best ever. As it stands, he's nowhere near it.

Because his view of goalkeeping is that his goalkeeper is a sweeper/playmaker, and he puts a greater value on that than actually having a decent goalkeeper who commands his area and the defence.

Just because Pep breaks with convention doesn't mean he's right. A good goalkeeper makes a world of difference. If Ederson actually works on the basics, he could be one of the best ever. As it stands, he's nowhere near it.
Is he wrong then, I’d suggest his record tells us he isn’t wrong, you are just missing the point.

So am I wrong?

Indeed - Valdes was garbage outside of Barcelona keep-ball too.

Ter Stegen might be available given Barca’s financial issues and would be an upgrade.

Indeed - Valdes was garbage outside of Barcelona keep-ball too.

Ter Stegen might be available given Barca’s financial issues and would be an upgrade.

We don't need to sign another keeper.
IMO, Ederson just needs more work on the basics and,  if considered necessary by Pep, Ortega is more than capable of taking his place for a spell.

Is he wrong then, I’d suggest his record tells us he isn’t wrong, you are just missing the point.

No it's you who is missing the point. Ederson could become a better goalkeeper. You seem to think that because the team is successful, there's no need in your mind for him (or presumably any other players) to improve.
That's not the case. There's huge scope for Ederson to improve his game. He has significant gaps in his basic skills.
As a professional sportsperson, he should be working on them. If he has been, we should see an improvement on his all-round game. But we haven't. He's still cautious in his six-yard box and reckless outside the penalty area. That leads me to think that he doesn't see any need to Improve his own game.
That's arrogance in a nutshell, and if Pep is prepared to accept it, Ederson will never be a truly great goalkeeper. If you and other fans are happy to accept it, that's your perogative. I just believe that Ederson should and could be a better keeper if he works on the basics.

It's the simple things that make a big difference.

He better be careful next time

Correct decision would have been a foul against him as he didn't touch the ball. If Werner had not backed out of the challenge it could have easily been a red. Just piss poor judgement from him and not for the first time. Anyway we got away with that and hopefully he will be made to watch it 100 times as punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.