31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was one of the best at claiming crosses. I don't know what the stats for this season say but he was always solid at it.

Not really sure why people have said it's a weakness.
He goes for things he shouldn’t and gets drawn towards balls that he doesn’t collect that go over him, while marooning himself off his line.

Because Pep doesn't seem to be bothered about anything other than possession and sees his goalkeeper as a sweeper rather than a goalkeeper.

Ederson is a better sweeper than he is a goalkeeper.
The problem seems to be even after all of these years you dont accept that we have a sweeper and not a traditional keeper , problem is all yours, imo

The problem seems to be even after all of these years you dont accept that we have a sweeper and not a traditional keeper , problem is all yours, imo

I've accepted the fact for years Kaz. Like I say, it's not a matter of getting rid of Ederson, just to improve his basic game and decision making in some situations.

His recklessness or uncertainty may cost us very dearly one day. Best try to do something about it in advance of any more errors

He is still up there for "high claims" and "punches". Better than Allison for example.

That's not the issue.

Stop trying to deflect from the simple fact that Ederson frequently makes silly, avoidable, basic errors in games.

It's a matter of him improving his very basic goalkeeping skills, to make him a better keeper.

Easy as that. Bringing the performance of opposition goalkeepers into the matter is pointless. They're irrelevant in this discussion.

Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton worked hard on the basics throughout their careers. That's what kept them at the very top of their game. That, in my opinion, is what Ederson needs to do.

In the Champions League there are always games where you need your Goalkeeper to get you out of trouble, we saw it with Courtois last year, with Neuer at Bayern and also with Navas when Madrid won three in a row, has there ever been a big CL game where Ederson bailed us out ? I can't think of any and I believe that's one of the reasons why we haven't won it yet, sure his distribution has been the best out there but if our defence gets exposed we're screwed, and let's face it we are not going to stop Bayern from creating at least a few chances so either he makes some saves or we hope Bayern fluff their lines.

This is where things get silly. His passing is great.
I haven't looked at any stats, I wonder though if first few years his passing surprised us and over the years we took it for granted. So now we think it was even better than it actually was in the past so when one goes astray in our heads we think its got worse when really its as good and the same as it ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.