31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the issue.

Stop trying to deflect from the simple fact that Ederson frequently makes silly, avoidable, basic errors in games.

You have to smile at the efforts to excuse,deflect,twist comment,or even ignore that fact.

His distribution and passing,as i have already said.....are what separates him from the rest ( and what makes him a great fit for us) but now the mistakes (unnecessary) are creeping in and being repeated.....that is what is causing the extra scrutiny into his performances and his overall influence.

That's not the issue.

Stop trying to deflect from the simple fact that Ederson frequently makes silly, avoidable, basic errors in games.

It's a matter of him improving his very basic goalkeeping skills, to make him a better keeper.

Easy as that. Bringing the performance of opposition goalkeepers into the matter is pointless. They're irrelevant in this discussion.

Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton worked hard on the basics throughout their careers. That's what kept them at the very top of their game. That, in my opinion, is what Ederson needs to do.
Cheers for this post, really relevant to my response to someone asking if he still is good at claiming crosses.

You keep making this point that Ederson isn't working on his game. Zero proof of this so just give it up ffs.

Pep called out one of the best to ever pull on a shirt last week in De Bruyne and then dropped him because of his recent performances.

Care to explain why he doesn't that to Ederson, what with him frequently making silly, avoidable, basic errors in games and all.

Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton worked hard on the basics throughout their careers.
Comparing Ederson with fellas from 25yrs ago now. Seriously?

What is actually relevant is what I have done, comparing stats of players this season and showing the facts. Like this nonsense about his passing regressing, despite being top of the charts for pretty much every passing related metric.

Ill leave it there for this one. You clearly see what you want to and won't change your mind.

This seems to be a rather pointless comment that fails to add anything to the debate on a discussion about Ederson's basic goalkeeping skills.

This is what happens when you haven't been following a discussion. You end up knee jerking about minor points.

Pep Guardiola loves possession. Our game is all about retaining possession. That's 100% why Ederson is Pep's first choice keeper, despite (in my view) not being a very good keeper.

All caught up now?
Our game is actually about positional space and control, with possession being a byproduct of that.

By the way, I've read every single one of your patronising posts in this thread. I look forwards to your next one in response.

I haven't looked at any stats, I wonder though if first few years his passing surprised us and over the years we took it for granted. So now we think it was even better than it actually was in the past so when one goes astray in our heads we think its got worse when really its as good and the same as it ever was.
Possible. Happens with De Bruyne

Cheers for this post, really relevant to my response to someone asking if he still is good at claiming crosses.

You keep making this point that Ederson isn't working on his game. Zero proof of this so just give it up ffs.

Pep called out one of the best to ever pull on a shirt last week in De Bruyne and then dropped him because of his recent performances.

Care to explain why he doesn't that to Ederson, what with him frequently making silly, avoidable, basic errors in games and all.

Comparing Ederson with fellas from 25yrs ago now. Seriously?

What is actually relevant is what I have done, comparing stats of players this season and showing the facts. Like this nonsense about his passing regressing, despite being top of the charts for pretty much every passing related metric.

Ill leave it there for this one. You clearly see what you want to and won't change your mind.

Let's get this right...

I've been posting on here talking about how - in my opinion - our first choice keeper could improve his performance, with a view to him being a better goalkeeper than he is, and you think that I should change my mind?

If so, you're suggesting that Ederson is a perfect goalkeeper. He isn't. He has some very obvious flaws in his game. Iron those out and we've got a genuinely top class keeper.

That's all I've been saying on here, but as I said earlier; there are none so blind as those who will not see.

I think people really get defensive on Ederson. I think it's pretty fair to say that he has had his worst season by far. Distribution declined a little bit, while on average GK distribution is much better nowadays, and the breach between Ederson and other elite GK is closer than ever.

I have zero doubts Ederson is by far the worst GK Pep has had. Valdes was immense on 1v1 (check the Arsenal UCL final) and Neuer is another level. For Pep, distribution is too important, but people here talk like Ederson is the most important player. Ortega has played against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and our build up was just as good.

People also need to understand GK is a very different position. For Pep, once a GK is a starter, it will be a starter for the entire season as long as his distribution is good. And of course, Pep will not criticize Ederson, because it's a position where confidence is the most important thing.

But four things are true:

1. Ederson's season is the worst for him in all the stats. He is the worst GK in PL stats this season.
2. As a sweeper he is not as good as he used to, and his decision making is not as good as used to be (Tottenham, Arsenal PK, Leipzig...).
3. Ederson has never saved us. He doesn't lose us matches (almost never), but he never will win us matches either.
4. The best two matches of a GK this season for us had Ortega as GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.