31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Ederson's passing that gets underrated is his coolness on the ball.

Take Alisson, for example. He's actually got good technique as far as keepers are concerned. But he can panic under pressure, and even more notably, he can go through spells where he's flustered.

Ederson is completely ice-cool. He's willing to wait until the last second if he has to, and he's prepared to boot it long if not. Even when he miscues his passes from time to time, he'll just carry on as if nothing happened.

Eddie's pass completion on Saturday was 100% :)

My mate wants rid of him, giving stats like % etc.. and he will not listen to how important he is to this team. He even tried to blame him for the goals on Saturday where no keeper would have saved them, the first deflected from Stones and was past him before he could see it, the second was right in the corner from the free header, but my mate said he was slow to react to both! I guess once people make their mind up about a player there is no swaying them from that

Think him and Phil could do with some rotation time. to sharpen their minds -complacency has crept in, only normal.

So it’s not just current affairs where you haven’t got a fucking clue. Good to know.
Nothing helps a keeper more than being rotated constantly.

It‘s why most teams don’t have a real number 1 anymore.

Actually thinking about it, the above is utter bollocks.

There was one pass that Ederson made in the first half that looked simple, but was an absolutely pin point, angled and weighted pass that destroyed a 5 man Forest press on its own.

It was to Gundogan, slightly to his left, but allowed him to feint and easily go past their midfielder.

We take things like that for granted. He’s not human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.