31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not wrong, it’s definitely a factor in how we press at the moment.

Rodri is exposed as we are not pressing as well as a team. (As well as individual errors)

Don’t forget one minute think I’m blaming Haaland. It’s natural that a change in approach will take time to bed in.
Yes, the new system will take time, but Haaland is playing how he should in it (will improve too) as a traditional #9 he's breaking records, no blame Yes, but his name shouldn't be mentioned,

Rodri has been excellent, againts Villa and Newcastle he was exposed more because of our shape rather then pressing ( just my opinion) we don't press like 17/18 - 18/19 because now our full-backs play more centrally, pressing high is suicidal. Now we're playing;

Ederson

Stones Dias

Walker Rodri Cancelo

Yes, the new system will take time, but Haaland is playing how he should in it (will improve too) as a traditional #9 he's breaking records, no blame Yes, but his name shouldn't be mentioned,

Rodri has been excellent, againts Villa and Newcastle he was exposed more because of our shape rather then pressing ( just my opinion) we don't press like 17/18 - 18/19 because now our full-backs play more centrally, pressing high is suicidal. Now we're playing;

Ederson

Stones Dias

Walker Rodri Cancelo
Why would Pep change his press? What is the fundamental change in our side this season from last?

Why would Pep change his press? What is the fundamental change in our side this season from last?
I agree with you the press has changed but I disagree that the press is the reason Rodri is being exposed. We don't press like crazy anymore, even last season. The fundamental change is not Haaland we could easily play a traditional 4-3-3 with him as we did with Jesus, it's the system 2-3-4-1.

I agree with you the press has changed but I disagree that the press is the reason Rodri is being exposed. We don't press like crazy anymore, even last season. The fundamental change is not Haaland we could easily play a traditional 4-3-3 with him as we did with Jesus, it's the system 2-3-4-1.
But why the press system change? What is the one difference that has made Pep change his approach?

As the opposition have slightly more time to pick a pass than before, Rodri then has more space to cover as their balls are less aimless than they were before.

But why the press system change? What is the one difference that has made Pep change his approach?

As the opposition have slightly more time to pick a pass than before, Rodri then has more space to cover as their balls are less aimless than they were before.
Your looking at things(the recent changes) from one perspective. There isn't just 'one single difference' that has made Pep change his approach' your insinuating that its Haaland. But Pep wouldn't change his system based on one player. Pep changes the way we play every season because the other teams study and analyse the way Man City play, we are always the team to beat, we're the benchmark. In my opinion the real issue is playing Kdb, Gundogan and Bernardo together.

Your looking at things(the recent changes) from one perspective. There isn't just 'one single difference' that has made Pep change his approach' your insinuating that its Haaland. But Pep wouldn't change his system based on one player. Pep changes the way we play every season because the other teams study and analyse the way Man City play, we are always the team to beat, we're the benchmark. In my opinion the real issue is playing Kdb, Gundogan and Bernardo together.
Pep would absolutely change the way we play because of personnel. Take Walker out our defence and we defend very differently.

Ederson

Stones Dias

Walker Rodri Cancelo
Don't forget that City are still not really match fit yet, we only played two pre season friendlies some teams played as many as eight. Pep likes us to be undercooked at the start of the season and strong at the end of the season. That sharpness will come in the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.