31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His coolness can sometimes be as much of a negative as it is a positive.

I get that he can become very bored at times,but this is a unique job....and he just cant switch off or take chances,and it seems he does exactly that on occasion.

Thought he could have done better with the Anthony goal too.
I was about to "like" this assuming it was a parody/piss take but it appears to be genuine. I was stood right behind their first goal, not a chance in hell any keeper saves that, it was bent in to perfection.

Edersons distribution was a major factor in why they couldn't press us first half, he provided an easy out ball to the wings everytime and released us many times as well as sweeping exceptionally well. Second half there was a few sloppy passes but the entire team got sloppy as we had scored 6 and won the game.

I was about to "like" this assuming it was a parody/piss take but it appears to be genuine. I was stood right behind their first goal, not a chance in hell any keeper saves that, it was bent in to perfection.

Edersons distribution was a major factor in why they couldn't press us first half, he provided an easy out ball to the wings everytime and released us many times as well as sweeping exceptionally well. Second half there was a few sloppy passes but the entire team got sloppy as we had scored 6 and won the game.

No problem,i'm not as big a fan though.

Should have saved the first.

No he shouldn't.

Absolutley not at fault on any of the goals.

And although some passes went astray: he made 67 passes and 8 long balls failed to complete but 88% pass completion is high for a keeper and only 1% down on his seaon average but he made twice as many passes as normal a way more longer ones.

No he shouldn't.

And although some passes went astray: he made 67 passes and 8 long balls failed to complete but 88% pass completion is high for a keeper and only 1% down on his seaon average but he made twice as many passes as normal a way more longer ones.
I thought he reacted slowly to the first and should have parried the second away to a better area but you don't need to convince me about his quality, mate. I love Eddy.

No he shouldn't.

It’s mad that people blame him for any goal conceded, whether relevant or not.

He had a poor last 10 minutes with distribution today which is unlike him.

I think people are still pining for Hart and a keeper that has his heart on his sleeve.

Maybe we should buy Pickford and have an emotional keeper.

His coolness can sometimes be as much of a negative as it is a positive.

I get that he can become very bored at times,but this is a unique job....and he just cant switch off or take chances,and it seems he does exactly that on occasion.

Thought he could have done better with the Anthony goal too.
Son Heung Min has just been given goal of the month for September on MOTD with a goal almost identical to Antony’s goal today.

The Only real difference is that Antony shot was between two defenders to make Ederson unsighted.

How come nobody has questioned Lloris’ contribution to that goal?

Or are you being ridiculously harsh on Ederson?

I thought he reacted slowly to the first and should have parried the second away to a better area but you don't need to convince me about his quality, mate. I love Eddy.

I don't know if there's one available but if there is, try watching their goal from behind the net and at full speed, it's unsaveable, me and about 3 others within earshot all said "that's in" the second it left his boot, you don't save those and no keeper in the world is getting close to that.

I will confess, I questioned whether he could be pushing the second into a better place too live from behind the net but watching it back, Fred's smashed it from almost point blank and it wasn't straight at him as I initially thought he's had to stick his hands out to the side and react, he's made what is actually a really top save and cannot be expected to do anything more than that there.

I don't know if there's one available but if there is, try watching their goal from behind the net and at full speed, it's unsaveable, me and about 3 others within earshot all said "that's in" the second it left his boot, you don't save those and no keeper in the world is getting close to that.

I will confess, I questioned whether he could be pushing the second into a better place too live from behind the net but watching it back, Fred's smashed it from almost point blank and it wasn't straight at him as I initially thought he's had to stick his hands out to the side and react, he's made what is actually a really top save and cannot be expected to do anything more than that there.
There seems to be a narrative to blame him for any goal conceded after the CL final that Courtois had a worldie in.

It’s scrambled a fair proportion of peoples’ brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.