31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a narrative to blame him for any goal conceded after the CL final that Courtois had a worldie in.

It’s scrambled a fair proportion of peoples’ brains.
To be fair to the poster I quoted I don't think they're a regularly Ederson basher, I just think they've got this one wrong.

Can't say the same for everyone though, there's definitely a growing few who love to try and lay blame at his feet for every single goal we concede. People even have a go at him for not saving penalties stuck in the top corner.

There was always growing calls for steffen to start over him during his spell, then Steffen would get a cup game and it would become abundantly clear exactly what Ederson brings to the table and how stupid of a shout that was. I expect the same to happen with Ortega unless we keep a clean sheet every game. whilst I like the look of ortega a lot and even this early seems to be an upgrade on Steffen, he isn't and will never be Ederson.

Ederson seems destined to be a victim of his own consistency for a vocal few and be underappreciated until he leaves and we're all pining for an Ederson clone.

If taken purely on the keeper's starting position - then yes the first is unstoppable - credit where credit due. But the point is - being an elite keeper, he should have anticipated the player shifting inside to his preferred side to shoot and been slightly further over to begin with.
The second - poor.

Overall though - nobody better.

Excellent addition and while the recruitment has rightfully been questioned in certain players that were not suited to either our teams ethos and game plan we have got a lot more right than wrong if you could summarise it those terms since 2012 where it matters and that is in the trophy cabinet.

Wouldn't have swapped him for any keeper given the above and happy he is Brazils number two (LOL).

I actually think he was dealing with an incredibly powerful shot from close range. I think he did well not to concede that initial shot

Exactly.

But I think Sterling has left a gaping hole and Ederson is just trying to fill it.
It will always be the case that some people need a scapegoat.
I have seen KDB stepping in for one poster, others look for an injured player to fill in( Phillips)
Ederson is very important for us always will be while Pep is in charge thankfully.

whenever we concede goals this thread seems to grow, i take a look at it and to my surprise people are talking bollox about the goals conceded, i read the explanations as to why he should of done something different, i shake my head, and think to myself this person has never played in goal ,make a little comment and move on.

Son Heung Min has just been given goal of the month for September on MOTD with a goal almost identical to Antony’s goal today.

The Only real difference is that Antony shot was between two defenders to make Ederson unsighted.

How come nobody has questioned Lloris’ contribution to that goal?

Or are you being ridiculously harsh on Ederson?
Probably because it wasn't Lloris who conceded the goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.