31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
More arsed about his flap for the second goal than his bad pass for the first. Occupational hazard. But it would be nice to have a keeper who wins points with big saves more than once a season.
Yeah, the 1st wasn’t great but it’s almost inevitable that will happen at some point given the way we play. It’s no different from Rodri fucking up for the Everton goal. The 2nd was just woeful keeping.

All keepers make mistakes.

I’m more bothered about the general way we’ve been playing for weeks up to half time today than any individual mistakes anyone makes.

The first goal, he’s been playing that pass twenty times a game for six years, he’s going to get the odd ones wrong now and again. If he got it right 100% of the time I’d be questioning whether he was a robot or not.

Look at that second goal:
Just watch what Akanji did for fuck’s sake
Three other players out of position
Rodri, one of the Prem’s best players, if not the best this season, with a pathetic challenge on Kane
Ederson actually made a save but parried it right back into danger.

Ederson was just one of half the team doing something wrong for that goal. And in general too many have been doing the wrong thing and mainly just playing too slowly for too long.

Feels like something changed tonight with that second half though.

Plus he made a save at 2-2 tonight onto the bar that could have been a Spurs winner and also pinged a beauty out to Mahrez for the fourth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor mistake but he doesn’t worry me in general.

No idea what he was thinking there though. Think he just had a brain fart, happens to the best of them. The worst part is he didn’t even need to play the pass first time and rush. Kane was the only player closing down and he had already slowed his run thinking Ederson had control of the situation. He had way more time and space than he realised.

Poor mistake but he doesn’t worry me in general.

No idea what he was thinking there though. Think he just had a brain fart, happens to the best of them. The worst part is he didn’t even need to play the pass first time and rush. Kane was the only player closing down and he had already slowed his run thinking Ederson had control of the situation. He had way more time and space than he realised.
All bowlers bowl a wide every now and again, all rugby players knock it on now and again, all snooker players miss an easy pot now and again… Christ if Ederson made as many mistakes as our outfield players do (even when we play well), we’d concede three a game.

I’m more bothered about the general way we’ve been playing for weeks up to half time today than any individual mistakes anyone makes.

The first goal, he’s been playing that pass twenty times a game for six years, he’s going to get the odd ones wrong now and again. If he got it right 100% of the time I’d be questioning whether he was a robot or not.

Rodri, one of the Prem’s best players, if not the best this season, with a pathetic challenge on Kane

Ederson was just one of half the team doing something wrong for that goal. And in general too many have been doing the wrong thing and mainly just playing too slowly for too long.

Plus he made a save at 2-2 tonight onto the bar that could have been a Spurs winner and also pinged a beauty out to Mahrez for the fourth.
Spot on.

It was Rico Lewis. It hit his ankle and spun onto the woodwork. Not having ago at Ederson but just saw the highlights

Not assed about the pass shit happens but he went down like the girl last Saturday slow and cumbersome for the first goal , it was worryingly bad

Messed up, but got on with it, strong character and despite what some say on here a huge keeper and a huge reason why we have won so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.